No vat showing on pages that use actinic scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No vat showing on pages that use actinic scripts

I have a noticed an issue on our actinic v9.05 site.

It occurs when a customer adds an item to the basket and then continues navigating around the site, if they choose to use the search box, the results page shows no vat in the basket. subsequent clicks to a product from the search page also show no vat until a customer clicks the basket icon.

The problem seems to be when using actinic scripts to navigate around the site instead of the hard linked menu, ie it happens when using search and the best seller links etc.

Anyone come accross this before.
    Jonathan

I have done some more investigating, and this problem appears to affect V10 actinic sites as well. I have checked through the actinic customer examples pages and all sites that I checked that have product prices entered excluding vat display the same problem.
    Jonathan

Comment

Hello Jonathan

Could you confirm if in Site Options | General, under the heading 'Site', use Tax Inclusive Prices for Online Search is set to True ? If set to False (which is the default value), it will display prices ex VAT in the search results.
      Hope this helps.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Show VAT is set to true, but I believe this affects the actual search results pricing. The problem I have is that the basket shows ex VAT prices on search result pages.
        Jonathan

Comment

This is a known bug that Duncan raised on the forum around a year or so ago IIRC.

Comment

Did anyone fix it?
            Jonathan

Comment

I don't recall a fix being made in the software and can't recall if there was a workaround mentioned in the thread, chances are there might have been though.

Comment

The problem I have is that the basket shows ex VAT prices on search result pages.
                Jonathan
                Apologies, my bad, I was looking at the search results price alone. The 'ex-VAT price display in the mini basket' issue is already logged with the development team to be fixed in a future maintenance release. However, I do not have a tentative date for this at the moment, I am afraid.

Regards
                Krithika Chandrasekar
                SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

There is a fix for this issue in v11.0.2. Unfortunately it won't be possible for us to port the fix back to earlier versions.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                  X