Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding Products but still able to view via external link

I wonder if this is possible!

I have a special offer which I am promoting on my main website. I'd like to provide a link the product in the shop where customers can click and then buy in the usual way - so far so good and that's the easy bit. Now the challenge. I don't want the product to show up in the product list on the lef thand side (Section Name Only Section Link). Is it possible to remove the link in the product list to this item. I can obviously "Hide on website" in the product details but from what I can see this hides it completely so it can't even be linked to from elsewhere. Am I missing something or is that how it's supposed to be.

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Many thanks

Leigh

You could remove the link from the page using a BlockIf and a new variable you create in conjunction with each other. Have a read of the blockif tutorials in the forum to see if something you think you could tackle, will open up many avenues for you if you can get to grips with them, very powerful tools. You set a value against the variable and evaluate the content of that variable in a blockif which then decides what to do. For instance a blockif around the section link layout would remove it from page (where appropriate), likewise you could do the same in the department menu.

Comment

Hi Leigh,

As Lee says, it's pretty easy, once you get your head around it. I managed it on my site with a little digging around.

To get you started, create a Section variable called WhichSectionList. Add a list of values of List1 and None.

Then put a Block If in your section link layout around the entire layout that says
      <actinic:variable name="WhichSectionList" /> == List1 or similar.

You will, however, need to set ALL of your sections to show in List1.

Then, when you create the section you want to hide, just set it to None.

hth
      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
      X