partial catalog import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

partial catalog import

I've seen a few discussions on full catalog import but I'm only wanting to import certain sections and subsections from one store to another, both in V9.

The original data has custom product variables such as barcode, isbn, weight and using a full catalog export - import to the new site I can't get the fields to map correctly - i get several blank fields and no option to select anything else in the field and a final error saying it couldn't import the data. Do I need to recreate these variables and place of setting first?

As a work around I tried doing it directly in the access database - exporting the various product tables (inc variables, related products, sections etc) from one and importing into the equivalent tables in the other. Great! worked a treat to get the products all in (albeit as orphans) but they all threw up a Taxation error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Codepath's SiteClone might help you: http://www.codepath.co.uk/actinic-plugin-siteclone.htm

Comment

If you have Multi-site you could:

1. License a new site
      2. Import a full snapshot from existing site
      3. Delete/remove everything you no longer need
      4. Export heirarchical
      5. Import into site you wanted to transfer selection sections to.

This can save hacking and deleting the contents of the heirarchical file from the full site. It's not perfect though and some things need to be considered e.g. making sure images are present and user defined variables.

It's a possible work around for you, however there may be other more suitable ways. It depends on the site differences between the two e.g. user defined variables.

On the taxation error issue - you could check the Tax field in the database and overwrite the imported data with the entries for the existing products in the product table - this should rectify the error. It is simply highlighting that the products you imported are using an unexpected taxation setting.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks Fergus! Put me on the right track...

Imported whole of original site into new site (having first done a backup of new site) using the .acd backup file, excluding customer info and orders of course
        Imported design only of new site over the top of the imported catalog tree.

Few tweaks here and there to correct template wobbles and we're nearly there!

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X