Website appearance in Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website appearance in Android

Our website layout appears to be "all over the place" when viewed on Android smartphones.
    It looks fine and renders well on the iPhone (in fact the same as on a PC).

When viewed on an android phone, and I've tried with at least two different phones, the site tries to render itself as a column rather than a row.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what the trouble could be? I'd like to see if it can be fixed

site in question is
    www.frazerpart.com

I've finally worked out how to get some screen grabs on the Android phone!
    See the attached photos to get an idea of what the site looks like - with the phone in portrait and landscape mode.

Image 2011-07-13_2242.jpg is how the site actually looks on a PC.

Any body got any ideas?
    Attached Files

Comment

Usually width issues when a site does that, be that outright sizes, margins, borders or padding or any combination of those factors. If the sums on the code styling are wrong, then erratic results will be seen across different browsers. Get firebug and firefox and a calculator is the first step, see if its an obvious one, it usually is.

In short you can't fit things 1020 pixels wide into something only 1000 wide, your site is showing classic signs of a miscalculation of that sort.

Comment

Strangely this does appear to be only on the Android browser and not in any other PC or mobile browser. I agree with Lee's comments, Firebug and a calculator first off to check if there's a pixel too many somewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X