Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engraving on glassware Products Only

Good Morning All

We sell event and promotional products and offer engraving on our glassware.
    At the moment we have an engraving component on each glassware product offering the different types of engraving - see link

http://porreda.com/acatalog/square_spirit_decanter.html

The problem is, we only charge the origination once, but if a customer orders 100 glasses, it charges them 100 originations.

Is there a way of just charging the customer once? Or offering engraving at the checkout but only on the glassware products?

I'm using Business V9.0.5

I would really appreciate help with this one.
    Thanks Nicola

Because components are intrinsically linked to the product and therefore the quantity, you'd need to split them to make them independent. So a pretty quick solution would be to have 2 products on the page, 1 as the main product and second as the engraving facility. On the engraving facility you'd have a fixed quantity of one against it (unchangeable by the user) and leave the main product with a flexible quantity. The final step would be switching the page to single add to cart solution, so all products on page were added to the cart at the same time.

Comment

Thanks Lee, but what if they don't want the product engraved?

Also how do I link them together at checkout?

Comment

I'd have a yes/no option on the engraving facility, yes = 1, no = 0 on the relevant quantity counts effectively.

Instead of allowing the customer to choose quantities, can you not sell in set quantities? so the customer would in effect be buying 1 pack of 50 glasses with 1 engraving, or 1 pack of 8 glasses with 1 engraving etc.

The link in the checkout disappears, but that's what you have to do in order to unmatch them (or do as above), but the two products would be added in order so you'd have product at the top and then the engraving underneath it.

Comment

Working...
        X