Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Disable the Send Emails for All Customers Button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Disable the Send Emails for All Customers Button?

Next to the Update and Retrieve Orders buttons in the tool bar at the top of Actinic is an envelope button to send emails.

A colleague intending to retrieve orders clicked the email button in error. This sent emails to thousands of people relating to orders going back several years causing phone calls or emails from annoyed and confused customers. Apparently there is no intermediate screen to confirm the mass sending of emails they just go when the button is pressed.

Can this button be removed or disabled?

Martin

This will only send emails that are in the queue to be sent.
    It is possible that it has been assumed that clciking 'Send Now' from within the Mail tab is sending the email when in effect it just sends it to the queue awaiting someone to click on the envelope icon, therefore when this button was clicked the queue that had been building up over time was sent.

I would like to see a warning message pop up on closing Actinic to remind users that there are unsent email in the queue, as often I click the button to find emails from the day before are still in the queue unsent from the day before.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
      I would like to see a warning message pop up on closing Actinic to remind users that there are unsent email in the queue, as often I click the button to find emails from the day before are still in the queue unsent from the day before.
      this sounds like a bloody good idea, it drives me nuts when i realise i forgot to click send emails and i have a day or twos built up

Comment

+1 for me, i had a minor catastrophe in this area some years ago, it's a bit crap as it is.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. It's a relief to know that it only sent emails that for whatever reason had failed to send originally.

My colleague thought that it had resent every email ever sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
            It is possible that it has been assumed that clicking 'Send Now' from within the Mail tab is sending the email when in effect it just sends it to the queue awaiting someone to click on the envelope icon
            Clicking "Send Now" does send the email there and then. Clicking the "Done" button saves it the email in a queue.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thnaks Jules, my mistake I should have said clicking 'Done' at it to the queue. I was writing without checking the process.

I usually click 'Done' myself when processing lost of orders as it is much quicker than clicking 'Send Now' each time, but then have to remember to click the Send emails button after.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I agree, we did this a few years back. Lots of very confused customers
                Police Equipment & Tactical Gear at CopShopUK

Safety Boots & Work Boots at BootShopUK

Comment

i have mentioned the warning message in the wishlist thread here http://community.actinic.com/showthr...853#post321853

Comment

Working...
                  X