computer crash urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

computer crash urgent

Our computer has gone down so we have taken the harddrive out of the box and connected it to our laptop. We are trying to run Actinic but it comes up with an error 'You have insufficient access rights to the registry'. We have tried running it using 'Run as administrator' but get the same message. Any ideas please
    Regards
    Sally

Fashion Jewellery Wholesale - Glitzy Jewels

Install actinic on the new machine and import your last snapshot, that's all you need to do and you will be back up and running.

Comment

Hi Lee, Thanks for that we are just looking for the actinic disk at the moment but I'm pretty sure we have download updated versions since. Can we find out which version we were using?
      Regards
      Sally

Comment

Dont worry about which you were using, just get the latest version off the actinic site, it might mean an upgrade process occurs, but it'd be sensible to do that anyway in case you are not on the latest version already. If you are it will just import anyway.

Comment

If your site is www.glitzy-jewels.co.uk then you're using V8.5.1.0.0.0 HERA.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

So if I take this version from the Actinic website
            Actinic Ecommerce v8.5.3 IDHB Upgrade

and then import our snapshot we should be ok?
            Regards
            Sally

Comment

Yeah, should be no probs, just check once you have as you normally would after an upgrade.

Comment

Hi Lee, just thought, if we update to a new version we will have to re-apply all the bespoke source we have written for the site I think or will the snapshot take care of that?
                Regards
                Sally

Comment

You shouldn't have to rewrite anything moving from 851 to 853 as far as i recall, older versions are available from the actinic site if it proves to be a problem. From memory 853 added something important to v8 that was required, so i think you should try and upgrade and be on the best version.

Comment

Managed to reload one of our sites no problem, but the other two are causing problems.

We can load the snapshot ok - it does make a coupld of database changes but all go through ok. We then get a message 'System supplied design has changed' and gives three options. The first is to do nothing which is not recommended, so we have tried the other two options but both give an error.

'Unexpected error occured while trying to carryout the import. Please check your settings and try again'!?!?

Anyone got an idea of how to proceed please.
                    Regards
                    Sally

Comment

We had a few orders that were taken after the snapshot was taken. We have got the order details from the database (Order and OrderDetail tables) but which table gives the customer details please.

Thanks
                      Regards
                      Sally

Comment

The tables are linked and you will have to reference the IDs in the tables to link the data back to customers etc.

Try registering another temporary site and importing the orders from the bad database.

Comment

Is the schema a secret then? I assume if I have the 'Order Sequence Number' I can go back through a reference table to find out a Customer Id or something like that.
                          Regards
                          Sally

Comment

In the Order table InvoiceContactID and DeliverContactID link to ContactID in the Persons table.

Comment

sorted - Thankyou
                              Regards
                              Sally

Comment

Working...
                              X