Prices and VAT issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices and VAT issue

I have a customer who's having problems with selection prices on Actinic V8:

"When I set up the folders for the new products I have used the Attributes and Permutations facility as there are various options each with a different price. In the Permutations field I have entered the prices INC VAT which are also reflected on the product description however when a customer checks out VAT is added again.

Either Actinic needs to recognise that the price I’ve entered is INC VAT or I need to be able to enter an EXC VAT price into the Permutations and for the INC VAT price to show on the product description for customer. I’ve checked the manual and can’t find the answer."

I have changed the "Retail price layout" to "Basic price with tax message" and indeed it shows "Excluding VAT" next to the price. Is it possible to have a price including VAT, so that VAT wouldn't get added when customer checks out?
    www.1pcs.co.uk - Web Design and Search Engine Optimisation
    Web Design Northampton

Add the net price and choose the appropriate price layout, there's a deluge of layouts available on components/permutations, have a look at your options on the layout tab.

Comment

How do I do that? Everything works fine for simple products, but in this case the customer uses "Selection".
      www.1pcs.co.uk - Web Design and Search Engine Optimisation
      Web Design Northampton

Comment

You need to enter the price excluding VAT and change the layout as described in this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22834

Mike

PS. Alternatively, you can upgrade to V9 and then enter all pricing as VAT inclusive. This is much better for anyone selling to the consumers as the cart / checkout will then show the prices they expect to see.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X