External Mailing List Opt-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Mailing List Opt-in

Hi, a friend of mine has a mature Actinic V8 site and has been impressed recently by someone who's site runs an open-source MLM called Acymailing.
    He asked me whether I could set one up for him, which I have in a sub-domain on his site.

Now, my experience of Actinic is practically non-existent but I've managed to add a subscribe box to the site successfully.

What I'd like to add is an opt-in (or opt-out - undecided as to what it should be - any advice appreciated) to the check-out process.
    All I have to do is call the MLM thus:
    siteaddress/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=sub&task=optin&hiddenlists=1&user[email]= john@example.com&user[name]=John
    my questions are:
    1. Where should I add the code to acheive this
    2. Do I just imbed some html (a FORM for example)
    3. How do I get the values for [email] and [name]

Thanks in advance - Phil.

Originally posted by OBx2 View Post
    All I have to do is call the MLM thus:

my questions are:
    1. Where should I add the code to acheive this
    2. Do I just imbed some html (a FORM for example)
    3. How do I get the values for [email] and [name]

Thanks in advance - Phil.
    You are calling a php script and passing it values so a form seems a good place to start as the data entries on the form will give you the data you need to pass to the script. If it were me I would avoid putting it in the checkout process and use AJAX to call the script so you keep the user on your pages.

If you really need to put it in the checkout process I would examine V11 to see how Actinic have done a similar task of adding account creation.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for replying.
      The user will stay on the page after the call to Acymailing.

I wanted to have the opt-in/out check-box somewhere in the checkout process as I'd assumed that as the user have filled in name/email during the process I'd be able to use Actinic variables that held these values.
      Is there any way to access these values?

Comment

Originally posted by OBx2 View Post
        Thanks for replying.
        The user will stay on the page after the call to Acymailing.

I wanted to have the opt-in/out check-box somewhere in the checkout process as I'd assumed that as the user have filled in name/email during the process I'd be able to use Actinic variables that held these values.
        Is there any way to access these values?
        Best to take a look at how Actinic do it in the V11 code, the Beta is available and you could then look at the code.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
        X