Problem updating website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem updating website.

We have migrated our vps server with the actinic website.

All works well with exception to actinic as we tried to download the orders and received errors.

We then changed the cgi no to up one to then update and got the error.

Your ftp account does not have permission to write to the web root directory. Please contact your system administrator or ISP....
    200 type set to A
    200 port command succesful
    550 ActinicWebSitetests.html: permission denied

When we tried to setup the website settings we got.

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.

I have also tried changing the ftp account name and password.
    When using an ftp program I can add files and directories.

Does anyone have any ideas please as I am really foxed with this one.

Originally posted by alexbrowne View Post
    We have migrated our vps server with the actinic website.

All works well with exception to actinic as we tried to download the orders and received errors.

When we tried to setup the website settings we got.

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.

Does anyone have any ideas please as I am really foxed with this one.
    How did you migrate, it appears you have copied the site folders from one site to another instead of uploading from Actinic, you need to post the web settings here (without the user name and password.

The errors suggest that you may have incorrect permissions on the folders on the server, they should be set to 755 to allow Actinic to upload to the site, but it could be the ftp settings as you suggest the site is taking orders which means the scripts are working.

I had a similar problem uploading to a site where the test script failed to execute, this was eventually traced to a faulty TestScript.pl file in the Actinic site folder, cured it by copying the file from the original folder in the Actinic executable folder in Program files into the site folder.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thank you changing the folder to 755 worked a dream.

Comment

Working...
      X