Pasting same fragment to multiple sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pasting same fragment to multiple sections

Is there anyway to bulk paste the same fragment to multiple sections without either incorporating it into the layout or doing it section by section ?

I have around 20000 pages, with 30 different sections. Each page has it's own product for which I'll need a fragment adding. The fragments on the product pages are unique to the section so I could amend the layout and have 30 different layouts to suit the section or I can paste the fragment to each section and keep to just 1 layout which i'd prefer.

Any ideas ?

Have the fragment included in the list layout, but make the content of that fragment settable via a variable. You then have a flexible layout, where you can set the content globally on each section and use the 'use parent' facility to auto cascade it down.

Comment

Thanks Lee,
      Any chance of a step by step ? I understand what you're saying but don't get how to implement it

Comment

I can give some broad strokes, but it's quite an advanced thing to do and you will struggle to do it if you don't understand relatively simple things such as list layouts and selectors. It would take an age to do step by step instructions too, could probably add it quicker than explain it (if that makes sense).

Personally, i'd create a new group in the design library to contain the 30 required fragment layouts. Setup the 30 fragments (new layout each) in the group and then also within that group i would create a selector into which all of the fragments were placed. Set that selector at section level with use parent enabled. The selector is a drop down list of choices, so you'd have the 30 fragment layout options in it

I'd then set the top row of the list layout to contain the fragment selector and then on each top level section (TLS) set the fragment that you want to cascade down to all levels in that TLS. You'd only have to set 30 drop down lists, one on each of the TLS and the use parent would set that setting against all child sections.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          I'd then set the top row of the list layout to contain the fragment selector and then on each top level section (TLS) set the fragment that you want to cascade down to all levels in that TLS. You'd only have to set 30 drop down lists, one on each of the TLS and the use parent would set that setting against all child sections.

Thanks again Lee, I've got it up to here but no idea where / how to set the top row of the list layout to contain the fragment selector.

Comment

The list layout (product list layout) can be accessed in design library or on the design tab. You really need to understand how html tables are laid out and how actinic uses a table within the list layout to layout products, fragment, sections etc. If you're not sure on tables, do some html tutorials to get familiar, in particular learning <TR> and <TD>, once you've got those, it's relatively plain sailing as you will see first, middle and last row settings in the list layout. You can add your fragment selector into the top row, or you could add it in the 'start of list' even (on top of the opening table tag).

Comment

Working...
            X