Adding a list of products similar to "related items"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a list of products similar to "related items"

I'm trying to create a variable that holds all the products available inside actinic.

I want the client to be able to select and display up to two additional related products to the main one that are the same model but different colour.

I really like the "Marketing" section on the product section where you can have related products. However I want to keep "related products" for items that are different models as well as having a different menu for the items that are just different colour to the one displayed called "similar Items".

I can't see a variable that holds all the products inside actinic and if i define one as a list with all current products then if a particular product is added afterwards i will always have to amend the variable manually. Alternative is adding the similar products via their unique ID but I don't want to over-complicate things for the customer. Ideally i need a drop down menu or a search box similar to Actinic's Marketing section.

Is there a way of doing this in Catalog V9?
    www.grafea.co.uk
    Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
    Designer leather bags
    --------------------------
    Yanni Kioupouroglou

Split up the related list using listcount, details in the AUG and KB on splitting up marketing lists. You could then add 8 related products, with rules saying first 4 are for related, next 4 are for your other list.

Comment

Thank you. Now as i mention every product within actinic has a unique ID number. Is it the same with every section having its own unique id number.

I'm trying to use the "onmouseover" event that when the customer hovers over a particular colour bar underneath a product the section image changes to one from a different (corresponding) section.
      www.grafea.co.uk
      Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
      Designer leather bags
      --------------------------
      Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Yes, SectionID is the unique ID of each section.

Comment

Working...
        X