Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing the update website button from Actinic toolbatr

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to remove the option to upload website from the Actinic toolbar?

We are running a multiuser v8 setup, and someone has just accidently clicked the upload website which has deleted all of our website content, because the content is held on a seperate PC.

As always, all thoughts gratefully received.

BEst Regards, Ed.

The options a user can or cannot do are tickboxes within business settings, try the different options, see if any remove the button for you.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I have had a good look in the business settings but can't find any function which stops users from accidently uploading the website when they are trying to download an order

Will keep looking but if you have any ideas please do let me know.

Best Regards, Ed.

Comment

I don't use multiuser, so I may be barking up the wrong tree, but would it work just to remove the network settings? I have a backup pc with actinic installed so I can play/learn without damage, and to ensure I don't hit the upload button by mistake I've removed the FTP settings from the network. Actinic still functions fine, and i can preview, but not upload. This may not work with multiuser however, you'd have to check. Good luck!
        Ben
        http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Surely removing the network settings would prevent the download of orders.

Anyway, in Business Settings | Options, untick 'Catalog Maintenance' and the 'Publish to Web' button gets greyed out.
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Surely removing the network settings would prevent the download of orders.
            Possibly not. The site is updated via FTP so setting an invalid FTP server (just add an "X" to the host-name would prevent uploads) but I think orders are downloaded a different way. A simple "try it and see" situation.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Can you not just customize the toolbars or create your own customized toolbar by right clicking on a toolbar, or is this a feature not available in V8 when you right-click the toolbars.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Golf Tee Warehouse - What a perfect solution! I didn't realise that you could right click and edit the toolbar. Just tried it and it works a treat. Offending button removed from the toolbar.

Thanks also for all the suggestions - very much appreciated!

Cheers, Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                  Possibly not. The site is updated via FTP so setting an invalid FTP server (just add an "X" to the host-name would prevent uploads) but I think orders are downloaded a different way. A simple "try it and see" situation.
                  OK, with problem solved Norman is undoubtedly correct, as....

My solution to the tax rate (VAT) change was to licence a new '2011' site - this meant that (staff) had occasion to access '2010' - then some berk came in and hit [Ctrl-D] when the PC was logged in to the old site...

Tried to prevent this by deleting the network settings, but as I recall that didn't work. After a few days the problem went away so I didn't need to investigate further.
                  Paul
                  Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
                  X