Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding order ID variable to an email template

Hi Chaps,

I have tried but failed to find a solution to the following problem, so I thought I would ask the forum in case there was somebody else who had come across a solution for the following...

I need to customise a template for an Actinic email sent via the backend of Actinic (i.e. not one of the automatic emails generated by Actinic from the website).

When I send the email via Actinic to a customer to confirm an order, in addition to the normal information contained in the template, I would like to be able to insert two variables into the email. The two variables I would like to include are;

The total value of the order (excluding VAT).
    The order number

When I try this myself by editing the template, I can’t get it to work as the variables which should contain this information don't appear to be activated in the backend of Actinic for some reason.

I have tried editing the templates in Actinic but I can only see the data combined into a long string of data in the following variables.

CustomerData
    OrderData
    OrderLines
    OrderTotals

So, does anyone have a idea of where to start to insert a variable for the Order ID and Sales Value into one of these email templates - I would love it here if you can help my struggle!

Best Regards, Ed.

don't think its do-able
    see
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=editing+email
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

I don't know of a way of doing this in Actinic but you can do this in emails sent from my Mole end plugins.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X