Shopping cart page fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping cart page fault

Our site http://www.scottishgifts4u.co.uk/ seems fine initially but the shopping cart page is not showing correctly.

I've purged and refreshed with no result, any idea what may have gone wrong?
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

it looks fine to me.

Try deleting your sites cookie on the pc.

If the problem persists, copy and paste your url here.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

No difference.

If I do 'add to cart' it comes up with http://www.scottishgifts4u.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl

Comment

Looks like your sites CSS file is not being pulled in correctly.

Instead of having the ../acatalog/ in front of the css filename, its just got the filename on its own, which I found by looking into the source code of the resultant bland unstyled page.

Have you just updated your site with a new design or something that might have caused it, as this looks like it is in the design as opposed to some server side issue.

Comment

The url looks ok.

The cart still looks fine for me.

What problem are you seeing?
          What browser are using?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sorry, infact a number of your js file references are suffering the same problem causing j script errors on the page as well.

Comment

When I test on IE 8 the issue is most definately present.

On some older browsers it looks fine, but something else I noticed is that you have:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scotti...U/338471146796

written into the top of all of the pages of the site, which blends into the background so not noticable straight away, but on looking at Google Cache the extra space at the top of the page was not there when the page was cached, so maybe this random piece of text prior to even the doctype could be causing IE 8 to get upset - just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by I-CC View Post
                When I test on IE 8 the issue is most definately present.

On some older browsers it looks fine, but something else I noticed is that you have:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scotti...U/338471146796

written into the top of all of the pages of the site, which blends into the background so not noticable straight away, but on looking at Google Cache the extra space at the top of the page was not there when the page was cached, so maybe this random piece of text prior to even the doctype could be causing IE 8 to get upset - just an idea.
                I see that, that links to my facebook page. The facebook link on the website goes there, I used to have a Scottish gifts facebook page that it linked to from there but deleted it recently. (if you can follow that)

Comment

Sorted it by removing that facebook link, tho' how it got there beats me
                  Thanks for the help yet again.

One thing I find helpful is to have Actinic downloaded on my laptop as well as my PC. That way I can compare pages and see if anything has changed when faults develop, prompted by the advice on here telling me what to look for.

Comment

Working...
                  X