Adding an extra category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding an extra category

I'd like to add an extra category on a fragment called "WowSlider".
    At the moment I've only got :
    • General
    • Links
    • Layout

I wouldn't like to place this category inside any of the above main categories, rather have an extra category on the left hand side underneath the category Layout.

Thank you.
    www.grafea.co.uk
    Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
    Designer leather bags
    --------------------------
    Yanni Kioupouroglou

Yanni,
    I think there may be a clash of terms/semantics here. i.e. "Categoriies" vs "Panels".
    Categories in Actinic are different things to panels.

I think what you want is for a variable to be accessible through a "Panel" called "Wowslider" inside the Fragment details window? This "Panel" will be visible under the General, Links and Layout "Panels" that are already there.

TO do this simply create a new Panel for Fragments when you are creating/editing the respective variables within the Library. There us a "New Panel" button for this very function.
    Hope this helps.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks a lot, yes I do want to create a new panel but can't see a way of doing this. I went inside the variables: Design ->Library -> Variables but I can't see a way of creating a new panel. All the panels are already there and can only select from a drop down menu where I want a particular variable to appear.

Any help would be great, I'm sure is easy but can't seem to be able to see...perhaps I'm blind!

I use Acinic Catalog v9.

Thanks...
      www.grafea.co.uk
      Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
      Designer leather bags
      --------------------------
      Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Not a feature of Catalog, can't create panels in that version. You can import them via a design snapshot though. Seem to recall you saying you was a designer, if so and you have the designer software, should be able to create a panel in that and then import it to create within Catalog.

Comment

Working...
        X