Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding custom variable makes actinic really REALLY slow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding custom variable makes actinic really REALLY slow...

Hi all,

I've just added two custom vars (manufacturer and brand) for our fiends (er friends) at Google Products... and its virtually killing actinic speed wise.

V8, multi site, 6k+ products, using the 'seach hack' and the php section/sub section navigation hack

Ive set them at section and product level, with use parent enabled, but not searchable etc.

now any action on any product takes an age, and actinic takes 4 mins to OPEN.

Im just changing the place setting to remove section, just leaving product, and thats taking 5 mins itself....

anyone had this issue before and found a way to solve it?

much appreciated.

andy
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

I think the fact you've added those might be a red herring as to what is causing the slowness, i've added thousands over the years and never seen an issue like that. Are you sure nothing external is coincidentally causing the slowness. What happens if you delete the variable, does the problem disappear?

Comment

i have too.... thats why i posted. so i'm re-doing it now to see if ive made an error.
      i've done nowt else!
      just wondering if the external database field is wrong type.. checking now.

oh, did i mention its a linked field from an external db?

catalog mdb file opens instantly in access.
      still takes 4 mins to open in actinic

linked field is text, can be zero length, is not required... so...
      Andy Warner

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        What happens if you delete the variable, does the problem disappear?
        first off, if i leave the var in, but remove the linked field in the file link area, its all fine.
        as soon as i link that field, it turns to treacle....

also... if i go to a product and set the value of the var, it then freezed for 4 mins - as if actinic is running something through every product or whatever - which is why i wondered if its the seach hack or something?
        Andy Warner

Comment

Try unticking use parent, that will probably make it quicker.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Warner View Post
            oh, did i mention its a linked field from an external db?
            That'll be it then. What type of external database is it?
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

ms access, on the same pc.
              Andy Warner

Comment

Working...
              X