Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many thousands of retailers using Actinic successfully- we have seven sites currently, all of which are reliable, and we wouldn't be trading if it wasn't for Actinic. Sure, there are bugs- there are bugs in all software, but over the years I've found that most of the performance issues involved with Actinic are down to the configuration of my PC, or a combination of this and how Actinic runs. I've found support to be helpful, but this forum is often better, despite the fact that it's run by volunteers who do not receive anything for their time. People on here will generally give their time to try to resolve problems, and there are some people here who have so much experience with PCs that I feel like a complete novice- however if you insult them, why should they bother? After all, they're volunteers- they're not Actinic support.
    It sounds to me like you're reinventing the wheel- why not try to resolve the problems you have, rather than jump ship to another system which may well let you down in other ways you've not even considered yet? At least you have a support forum full of experienced people here to help.
    Good luck!
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

The problems I have are with Actinic so how can I reslove them?

Jumping ship is my only option unless Actinic have a change of heart.

If I need to reconfigure my PC in some special way to run Actinic then surely Actinic support should tell me what to do, and this should be part of the initial install process, although I struggle to understand how this can help. Standard defraging etc are normal PC maintenance tasks.
      And anyway Actinic know they have bugs they just refuse to fix them. But what is more frustrating is that they initially totaly deny they have these problems.

I am glad that some people find support helpful but that certainly has not been my experience and I know I am not alone in that.

Comment

Originally posted by smileeej View Post
        If I need to reconfigure my PC in some special way to run Actinic
        What sort of spec PC are you running Actinic on? Perhaps if you gave us more information we could help you more.

I also don't see from your posts which version (other than v9) of Actinic you are using. Could you tell us that?

How many products are you running on that version?

-- edit --

Ah I see you are running Business Plus. Is it in multi-user mode?

Also, what are the exact bugs you are experiencing? All software crashes from time to time so please don't count that.

Have you sent your db to Actinic support for them to analyse and repair?
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Jerry, I'm very sorry that you feel this way and that you're experiencing such problems with our software.

I can assure you that Actinic absolutely does not deliberately make money at the expense of customers. Nor is your experience a general one.

Please email me using my community user name @actinic.co.uk and I will see if we can sort something out.

In the meantime, I am closing this thread as it seems to not be helping you and has been getting somewhat rancorous.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X