Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout Problem

Hi

I have noticed that my layout seems to look odd on some computers. I am sure it wasn't like this before I made a few recent changes (Google +1 and facebook Like button). The website looks okay if Explorer compatibility button is clicked. Can you please have a look and see what it looks like on your computer. Thanks Geraldine
    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

The iframe in which that code is now housed has '450' set as the width, that's way too big for the area where it is sitting. Needs to be more like 280 or so. It is forcing the right side of the product layout out, which in turn breaks the matrix out of that area too. Look in the code you added to see if you can set the width, if not go back to where you got it from and see if you can set it in there and get new code.

In short you are trying to fit something 450 wide into a space 280(ish) wide.

Comment

Thank Lee, I will try and amend the width on the product page but this has been a problem for a while. It was actually the home page that looks recently odd. I thought I would try this out http://community.actinic.com/showthr...+compatibility and will report back.

Comment

I'm not seeing anything strange on the home page, which browser, any chance of a screenshot?

Don't do that hack, it's counter intuitive as we are on IE9 now, it will just be a coding inconsistency to solve, maybe not the easiest to solve, but the best in the long run with so many browsers now on the market.

Comment

Explorer 8. The images are shifted to the right. I haven't got anything on this computer (with funny view) to reduce size to attach. Started uploading the patch before I saw your message.

Comment

The 'fix' has worked for now. But I have also altered the product width so the grid doesn't go over the edge of the screen. This has been bugging me for months. Thanks Geraldine

Comment

Working...
            X