Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost local files - update products from server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost local files - update products from server?

Hi

I have lost the current version of my site and the backup I have imported is from 12 months ago. Since the backup acd was created, new products have been added which are on the current website.

Is there a way of downloading these products / newer version of the site into my older version? This is for Actinic 9 btw if that matters?

Copy pasting the info from the live site about your only option.

Comment

Arghh, thanks Lee. I was hoping to hear different, I wont lie lol. Feature request you think?

Comment

Maybe Actinic should create a new bug. If it's more than a week since a backup was created then ignore the user when closing Actinic and create one anyway.

Only some people would insist on being able to turn off the feature, "I'll create a backup when I need one, I don't want to be sitting here waiting when I don't need to" and then we'd be back where we started.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by dave_m View Post
          Hi

I have lost the current version of my site and the backup I have imported is from 12 months ago. Since the backup acd was created, new products have been added which are on the current website.

Is there a way of downloading these products / newer version of the site into my older version? This is for Actinic 9 btw if that matters?
          How did you lose the site folder?
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

For SEO try and keep the same product names and path's as you have on the existing online site
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

I am a web developer and its a clients site. The only backup is one I have from Jan 2011 (luckily - it could have been a lot worse!). The clients backups were on the same harddrive that has failed.

Unfortunately, a vast majority of clients dont think about what would happen with a complete harddrive failure such as this situation. What would be great I think, is an option to set an automatic remote backup on the same server Actinic is installed on.

Comment

At least you have a copy for them.

You could set up a scheduled backup to do that as well as encourage the client to backup remotely, either cloud or NAS. Mozy is good.

Comment

Is his hard drive completely screwed or would it be worth trying the freezer trick before putting it into an external usb caddy to attempt to pull of the site1 data? I've often found that they will spin up long enough to get any data you need.
                  www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Working...
                  X