Form validation for components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form validation for components

Is it possible to check that a custom component checkbox has been ticked when a particular attribute choice has been selected?

I have set up a custom print option on some of our products and in the design attribute have added "Custom Print" as an option. There is also a component checkbox to actually add the custom printing. (See http://www.brightkidz.co.uk/acatalog...reflector.html).

The idea is that the customer selects the Design "Custom Print" when they want a custom print and then ticks the check box to actually add it. Unfortunately as it stands the customer can just select "Custom print" and then add to cart without actually adding the custom print pricing!
    Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

Not a very elegant solution you've got there Lance, read the inbuilt help on 'permutations' you can get all you need including the price change and a indication of a price change from a permutation. Asking someone to do what you are doing there is just never going to happen with any regularity.

Comment

I originally tried to do it using permutations but eventually gave up as it seemed a bit random as to whether you could attach an associated product to the choice. Sometimes I seemed to get "associated product" in the drop-down on the permutations screen and sometimes I didn't get that option. It didn't seem very reliable.

I'll try it again and probably start posting lots of questions!

Thanks for your reply.
      Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

Comment

You can choose to add a product to the choice or not, also can choose to add a price or not, lots of flexibility, definitely the best way for you i think.

Comment

Working...
        X