Importing a site . . . problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing a site . . . problems

A bit of background. I set up a client's site in V9 about 2 and a half years ago using Actinic Designer. Was a bit basic, but it worked.
    Then I lost that client - didn't get paid - and I deleted the stuff from the Actinic v9\Sites directory.
    Now I have new client with an existing V9 site, who wants me to take on his site. How do I import this site into my existing Actinic?

Deleting the Sites folder stuff was probably a mistake, unless you did it from the Actinic File / Sites dialogue. If you deleted the folder via Windows that may prevent Actinic starting. If so, you could try recreating an empty Site1 folder and copying everything from your clients Site1 into it. If Actinic then runs, go to Housekeeping / Security and copy / paste the data from your clients Housekeeping / Security.

If your Actinic runs normally, just go to File / Sites and licese a new site. Then switch to that site and import a Snapshot from your clients system.

If all above fails, it will be easier to uninstall Actinic V9 from your system and re-install it. The import a Snapshot from your clients system. Also, make sure you're installing the same version of V9 as you client uses.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks, Norman.
      I think I'll check the version numbers first and then see if I have to uninstall/reinstall.

Comment

Working...
      X