ProductProperties nType

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProductProperties nType

Just a general question about the nType values in the ProductProperties. Have looked at the existing table I have determined (hopefully correctly) the following.

nType 5 is a Component
    nType 6 is an Attribute
    nType 7 is a Choice
    nType 8 is a Attribute linked to Choice (permuation)

I have a lot of values that have nType of 4. Can someone tell me what this nType relates to?

Thanks
    Dave

Dave,

You want:

'3 - custom property (from pre-UDV days)
    '4 - product pricing (for entries that appear in the "price" panel in Actinic)
    '5 - Component
    '6 - Attribute
    '7 - Choice
    '8 - Permutation
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks for confirming those.
      Dave

Comment

There was a question raised somewhere that if you want to change the order of display for choices, you have to drop & recreate the entire component / attribute / choice / permutation tree.
        So, out of curiousity, i've had a look at the table mentioned. Am I right in understanding that the attribute nvalue2 refers to the sequence order of display especially for ntype=7 (choices). If so, then surely a routine could be knocked up to allow users to resequence the choices.

I was after this as I'm in the shoe trade and instead of displaying M6, M7, M8,m9,m10, m11 & M12, I currently get M10,M11, M12, M6, M7 M8,M9 because the data was sorted before import. So its a pain to drop & recreate everything.

Nilesh

Comment

Originally posted by nileshpa View Post
          If so, then surely a routine could be knocked up to allow users to resequence the choices.
          Absolutely. Deciding on a sorting algorithm, implementing it into some scripting and testing etc is not a simple 5 minute job.

The code logic would run something like:

Loop through all products
          Loop through productproperties for each product where ntype = 7
          change the sort order based on sort algorithm
          update
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Thanks Fergus, for the reply & pseudocode.

Very, very tempted to do it but I'm trying hard to not touch the backend. Its a live 3rd party application running our business for which we pay annual support & maintenance. I'm hoping Actinic can add it as a feature so everyone can benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by nileshpa View Post
              Thanks Fergus, for the reply & pseudocode.

Very, very tempted to do it but I'm trying hard to not touch the backend. Its a live 3rd party application running our business for which we pay annual support & maintenance. I'm hoping Actinic can add it as a feature so everyone can benefit.
              Very sensible.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X