Problem with the database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the database

I'm in the middle of deleting about 200 fragments from one of my customer's store, and everything was ok, until I hit 'purge content', then I received this error message:

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Opening the [Product] table where [Catalog reference] = 'A000' AND [Product reference] = '1!ANA-P12'

Cannot open any more tables.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate

Actinic then gave a fatal error and crashed, saving a dump file, suggesting to contact actinic.

So we re-open Actinic...
    Then when you try to delete more fragments, you select the first fragment, hit 'delete', everything is ok.
    But when you select the second fragment and then it takes about 40 secs for Actinic to respond.

and each time you select a fragment to delete, it takes about 40 secs to respond (CPU % increases)

So we purge again... and everything is fast on the first fragment., once you hit delete on the second fragment, it slows again.

has anyone else had this issue?? Any ideas...?

All these fragments are the same name/content, shall I just go into the DB and delete all these fragment manually? or will ther be some leftover DB code that may cause more glitches?

I think you will need to send the dmp and snapshot to Actinic support to check and fix.

(I presume you've tried compacting as well as purging?)

Comment

Yes tried those, I've also exported a snapshot, but when re-importing it, it gives a fatal error.

I'm in the process of importing it on another PC, just in case.

I think it's a corrupt fragment (hidden/duplicate id no's, or something similar)

Comment

"FATAL ERRORS
        (File ImportBackup.cpp, Line 286) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
        Library error - Can not open file C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1\ncdg-images\Total\quartz-9000-future-5w-30-1L.jpg ! has been caught."

Comment

Re-booting might clear that.

Comment

yeah, tried that.

tried it on a different pc too

Core i7 running win7 64bit
            Quad Q6600 running Vista 32bit

I have some a backup from yesterday, so I'll try re-iporting that and then re-delete some of the last fragments before it all started crashing, maybe I can work out which fragment is causing the glitch??

Comment

Working...
            X