Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import error

Evening guys.

Ive imported thousands of products over the years using the same mapping system. but tonight i have come across an failed import error i havent had before!

importing 40 products, not getting any imports due to the following error

Line 2: Incompatible information in field 3 ("Price"). Expected Unknown, but got "1799"
    Line 3: Incompatible information in field 3 ("Price"). Expected Unknown, but got "2299"
    Line 4: Incompatible information in field 3 ("Price"). Expected Unknown, but got "1399"

etc...

Any sugestions as to why it would think the info ive offered is incorrect??

thanks

Check the import file in notepad. Compare it against a previous good one.

Comment

had a look and they looked the same. i've never had to do that before, is there somthing in paticular im looking for?

i unmapped the price and cost and the products imported perfectly.

any ideas?

thanks

Comment

Did you check in Notepad or in Excel? In Notepad you'll see the 'real' CSV, in Excel you may not see the formatting.

Comment

i copied the information in to notepad. the prices read exactly the same as in excell.

Comment

It looks as if the field is being read as text rather than as a number, try opening the file in excel, checking the value type for the price field is numeric.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Same issue

Hi did you managed to figure out what the issue was ?

im having same trouble :
              Line 2: Incompatible information in field 15 ("Price"). Expected Unknown, but got "340".

ive tried all the usual tricks - notepad , excel , changing type to number etc

tried importing it as a txt file and as a csv with no success - ends up with same error
              as you said when removing price field mapping it imports fine

Comment

Morning Timo,

I'm afraid i had no luck sorting this problem out directly.
                I run a number of sites from my copy of actinic, i found if i imported the same csv file into any of my other sites they imported fine! So i have taken to importing required products into any of my other sites and then just copying the section and pasting into the site i need them in!

Seems to work no problems, includes all info set up in the import.

its not the answer, but is definitely a solution!

Comment

Working...
                X