Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Afternoon Crisis!

Hi,
    I’m hoping someone out there may be able to shed a little light on my Friday afternoon crisis... please! The scenario is this:

Set-Up:
    Software: Multi-User V9.04 JFJA
    Number of Users: 4 – all XP apart from one new PC which is 7
    Number of websites: 7
    Data held on a server which all users access the sites folder using the synchronisation server. This has run in this way for the past 3 yrs without a problem.

Problem:
    We have a new PC (replacing an old one) which I needed to load the software on to. In my haste I must have missed the multi-user option on the setup and set it up as a standalone version. I opened the software and realised the error of my ways and so went to File > Multi-User option and changed the set-up to multi-user and changed the file location to point at the correct drive on the server. I then closed Actinic and opened MS Access and I changed the sync server IP address of the site 1 (default empty site) folder to the correct IP address for the sync server. Then opened Actinic and went to my Sites directory and only Site 1 was present even though it is locating the correct drive on the server (there should be 12 plus sites). I closed the version of Actinic on the new PC and went back into an existing PC and logged in. The last site I had accessed opened without a problem, however the Sites Directory only contains ‘Site 1’. I then logged into another PC and the last site that loaded (which was different to the other PC) loaded seemingly without a problem, however the sites directory is empty. It would seem that upon converting the standalone version to a Multi-User version it has over-ridden all of the settings for all PC’s.

I can view all of the sites in Windows Explorer and it would seem all the data is there. I have contacted support who advised me to uninstall and reinstall, but after my the last success of my last install I’m reluctant to do this – also I’m worried I’ll burn any bridges, at least at the moment I can access 2 of my sites.

Actions I have Currently Undertaken to Try & Resolve:
    Open a different site using the command:C:\Program Files\Actinic v9\Catalog.exe /s "SiteName" but an error box states “the specified site does not exist. The last site used will be restored.”

Tried reloading the location in the Sites Directory

Converted the new PC back to standalone version

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know the data is still there because 2 PC’s are loading up the last site used, it’s just I have lost the ability to find and open them. The sync server isn’t throwing up any error messages or anything.

I do have a back-up of the sites, but I am reluctant to carry out a re-import until I know why the sites are not visible. I am sorry if I have missed off any obvious crucial info, I have tried to be as thorough as possible but I’m sure in my panic I probably have.

Thanks

First thing is to copy all of your site directories to a safe place.

The sites.ini file has probably been overwritten, check it by opening it in notepad, if it only has the one site, see if you can find an old one on a backup and copy it back onto your drive.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

I can't thank you enough, my smile would beat that of our medal winners!! It's all back up and running... there's no way I would have ever found that, so I am v.v.grateful.

Lucy

Comment

Glad it's working, I don't think that it is something that would be that obvious, I've done the same myself several times though when I've been testing and so that is why I thought of it.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X