Special offers/Discounts Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special offers/Discounts Page

I need some help with creating a page that would list all items that are currently on offer.
    We have categories such as briefcases, rucksacks and camera bags and I want the products to stay where they are for consistency instead of creating a new page for them, as different items will be on offer at different times of the year..

Now my thoughts are as follows:
    I want to add a variable for every product called let's say "IsItemonOffer", then I want to create a page that will scan all the products, see if the offer variable is true and then display all the items on offer similarly to search results.

I believe this is possible but could you give me some thoughts of how to go about this.

Thank you.
    www.grafea.co.uk
    Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
    Designer leather bags
    --------------------------
    Yanni Kioupouroglou

That's basically right, yes. This is how I did it for my setup, SPP using sections and products (not the new fangled method).

I created a new variable called "sale_item" (sorry, I hate camelback field names lol) at section level.

Then I created a new "Product List Layout" called "sale product list" thusly:

Code:
    <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList" >

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22sale%5fitem%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true" >

<actinic:variable formatting="style|actlarge,font(Size|26)" value="Section Link with price" name="SectionLink" />
    <div class="solid_line_blue">
    </div>

</actinic:block>

So, create an EntireSectionList block which scans the sections lists looking for where the variable sale_item is true.

This prints a list of sections. I suspect you could easily modify this for products?

Anyway, hth.
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Or if you want these to be buyable product layouts:
      Code:
      <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList" >
        <actinic:block type="ProductList" >
          <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsItemonOffer%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true%29%20%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29">
            SPECIFIC PRODUCT LAYOUT YOU PREFER
      The (ProductType == 0) bit makes sure that only Products (no duplicates or Fragments) are displayed.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X