Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Html - H1 and H2 Tags

Hi

My H1 tags currently is set to the text under my logo. I would like to remove this but when I remove the H1 tag codes the image disappears
    Curent Code
    <h1><a href=http://www.stardustkids.co.uk TARGET="_blank" title="Funky Baby Clothes, Designer Kids Clothes, Personalised Kids Gifts"><span>Funky Baby Clothes, Designer Kids Clothes, Personalised Kids Gifts</span></a></h1>
    Changed Code:
    <a href=http://www.stardustkids.co.uk TARGET="_blank" title="Funky Baby Clothes, Designer Kids Clothes, Personalised Kids Gifts"><span>Funky Baby Clothes, Designer Kids Clothes, Personalised Kids Gifts</span></a>

I would also like to put H1 tags around Section Names. For example http://www.stardustkids.co.uk/acatal...oded_Tops.html, H1 tags around Children's Hoodies. This currently has the coding <h1 class="sec-hr"><actinic:variable formatting="font(Color|e52e19)" encoding="actinic" name="SectionName" /></h1>. However, when I check the source code there is not an h1 tags around the section name.

Thank you in advance for reading this post.
    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

That logo image is created by actinic.css:
    Code:
    #branding h1 span {
        height: 85px;
        position: absolute;
        top: 0px;
        left: 0px;
        background: url("stardust-grey.gif") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
        width: 456px;
    }
    So if you remove the H1 the CSS no longer puts in the image.

Try changing the first line to:
    Code:
    #branding span {
    And test in assorted browsers.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply. Do I need to also remove the h1 tags around the coding. If I do this, the text can be seen and is no longer hidden. If I do not remove it, how will Google know not to rate it as H1?

Thanks

Comment

You wanted to remove the H1 tags around the logo and if you make the change I suggest it will be safe to do so. If the link text is showing, then try adding:
        Code:
            text-indent: -9999px;
        to the
        Code:
        #branding span {
        definition.

You may need to check all CSS that's related to #branding (or check with the person who wrote this as it's not Actinic code).

Comment

This works! Thanks, I've been messing around with it for ages.

Could I be so cheeky as to ask help with H1 tags on the Section Names? I thought I had done this by putting them in H1 tags but when I view source code they are not H1. This is the code <h1 class="sec-hr"><actinic:variable formatting="font(Color|e52e19)" encoding="actinic" name="SectionName" /></h1>

Comment

Another thought would be to change that H1 tag to say an H2 or H3 tag. Then change all references in actinic.css for #branding h1 to match the new tag.

Comment

As for your Section Names, they do have <h1 class="sec-hr"> around them on live pages like http://www.stardustkids.co.uk/acatal...oded_Tops.html.

Not sure why you say they don't - browser caching old pages perhaps.

Comment

These were set months ago so should be cashed. The brochure pages name seem okay with similar code. The Section Names are in block if. I don't know html code but wondered if it was something to do with that.

Comment

Refreshed browser, yes, I can see them now.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X