Crashing on 'Publish to Web' after Win 10 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing on 'Publish to Web' after Win 10 upgrade

I have recently purchased the latest version of Sellerdeck, but until I get time to convert across I am using V9 and recently had to upgrade to Windows 10.

Since the windows upgrade I can no longer upload to the website without a crash. It works with 'Publish Current Page' option but not the 'publish to Web'
    I have disabled UAC

I appreciate V9 is very old and doesn't fully support Windows 10 but was hoping someone might be able to give an idea of a couple of things I could try to get the upload working again until I can move to the latest version
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

I can’t think of anything like this coming up before.

there was an issue at one time, was it V11?, where you had to make sure sellerdeck had a page rather than a product selected (or the other way round) to ensure an upload didn’t encounter problems. You could try that.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

It might be worth saving everything you have and installing sellerdeck again. I can imagine there being things sellerdeck needs that aren’t common in Windows 10 and might be picked up on during an install.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        I can’t think of anything like this coming up before.

there was an issue at one time, was it V11?, where you had to make sure sellerdeck had a page rather than a product selected (or the other way round) to ensure an upload didn’t encounter problems. You could try that.
        Thanks for the suggestion, but still crashed, might have to try the reinstall option later
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Have done a reinstall and no better, still crashes on upload
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I've tried running in Win 7 Compatibility Mode to see if any improvements, the only difference is I get an error message rather than a crash message.
            Error Message on Upload: R6025 - Pure virtual function call
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

If you search this forum for R6025 you will see posts from people who had this error and found solutions.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                If you search this forum for R6025 you will see posts from people who had this error and found solutions.
                Thanks Norman,

I did search and it seemed to suggest uninstalling 'Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 1 was a solution but not sure it applies in this case.
                I don't think I had Java installed (AFAIK), so installed the latest version of Java and still crashes at the same point, couldn't find any setiing changes that would help so have uninstalled Java again and still no change
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

If you are certain it is since converting to Windows 10 then the fastest solution would be to reinstall you old operating system with V9 and use it as a stand alone machine. There are so many changes it would be near impossible to pin it down in a few days.
                  Make sure you have copies and snapshots of your sites and associated image folders etc.
                  Putting Windows 10 on an old machine has its problems too so if you are making a clean sweep and modernising it would be an idea to invest in a new PC for your Windows 10 and then add your Selleredeck 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Seorch View Post
                    If you are certain it is since converting to Windows 10 then the fastest solution would be to reinstall you old operating system with V9 and use it as a stand alone machine. There are so many changes it would be near impossible to pin it down in a few days.
                    Make sure you have copies and snapshots of your sites and associated image folders etc.
                    Putting Windows 10 on an old machine has its problems too so if you are making a clean sweep and modernizing it would be an idea to invest in a new PC for your Windows 10 and then add your Selleredeck 2018.
                    I was forced onto Windows 10 by WorldPay due to the ending of Win 7 support, they insisted on installing some software that runs regular checks for credit card number stored locally but also reports back to them with the current version of Windows and made it clear an upgrade to Win 10 is required
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I have several V9.0.5 test sites here on an up-to-date Windows 10 Pro system and they upload OK.

Try re-installing SellerDeck on a different Win 10 system and see if the problem persists.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If you don't have a spare PC to hand... you can enable Hyper-V on Win10 (Pro version only) and then you can install a fresh Windows 10 as a Virtual Machine on that same PC and just have Sellerdeck on that VM...

Search google "windows 10 hyper-v" on installing instructions and check PC requirements - or just give it a go to see if it works, you can always switch it back off.
                        - Hyper-V is enabled/disabled via "Windows Features" (just click on the windows button and type that)

Always do a backup (just in case), I've never had a problem with Hyper-V

Comment

Hi,

One of the things that you want to try is installing sellerdeck into a custom folder and having it setup the site data there also, by doing this it negates a lot of the uac type permission problems that you may see with the older versions.
                          As an example create folder C:\sellerdeck\installation\ C:\sellerdeck\sites\ and install to to the C:\sellerdeck\installation\ folder and setup the site data to be within C:\sellerdeck\sites\.
                          Nuco Technologies Ltd
                          For professional and affordable Actinic web hosting with plans to suite your needs.

4Surehosting.co.uk
                          Host-it.co.uk
                          Pinbrook

Comment

Originally posted by 4surehosting View Post
                            Hi,

One of the things that you want to try is installing sellerdeck into a custom folder and having it setup the site data there also, by doing this it negates a lot of the uac type permission problems that you may see with the older versions.
                            As an example create folder C:\sellerdeck\installation\ C:\sellerdeck\sites\ and install to to the C:\sellerdeck\installation\ folder and setup the site data to be within C:\sellerdeck\sites\.
                            Thanks will get that a try at the weekend
                            Darren Guppy
                            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                            X