Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Mastermind Knowledge Sort

Hi,
    While I know from past experience that the actinic knowledge of friends on this forum is extensive which would surely allow you a place on TVs mastermind.

I am looking for some technical and business advice on the most appropriate (and cost effective) way forward with my current actinic site that I have been running for quite some time that now has a few issues.

When I started with actinic some years ago, I had my site developed www.paragon-matrix.com by an actinic developer who produced, what was then quite a forward thinking site. I think the developer hand coded the site in html. He did not use any web tools such as Dreamweaver etc. It seems that this developer is no longer around.

The site was developed using Actinic V 8. I am now trying to move the site over and upload it onto another domain but find that the snapshot which was initially developed and hosted on windows XP. I am now using windows 7 and while I realise that the data files and the actinic program files were initially together in the same program directory on XP they are now separated on windows 7.

I have tried to sort this out but have failed miserably to either upload the snapshot or to get actinic into a correct working/display order on my main system for upload.

The site is still up on the ISP server at www.paragon-matrix.com I would prefer (at this stage) not to have to develop a new site but if possible rectify the issues I have in moving the site correctly to a new domain.

I realise from working with and listening to the actinic experts on this site over the last 5 years that you have an awful lot of knowledge on actinic issues, any suggestions or advice on the best way forward would be most appreciated. I am happy to work with anyone to solve this issue.

Best regards Phil G

Originally posted by Phil G View Post
    Hi,When I started with actinic some years ago, I had my site developed www.paragon-matrix.com by an actinic developer who produced, what was then quite a forward thinking site. I think the developer hand coded the site in html. He did not use any web tools such as Dreamweaver etc. It seems that this developer is no longer around.

The site was developed using Actinic V 8. I am now trying to move the site over and upload it onto another domain but find that the snapshot which was initially developed and hosted on windows XP. I am now using windows 7 and while I realise that the data files and the actinic program files were initially together in the same program directory on XP they are now separated on windows 7.

I have tried to sort this out but have failed miserably to either upload the snapshot or to get actinic into a correct working/display order on my main system for upload.
    Best regards Phil G
    Hi
    The best way I know to upgrade a customised site site from V8 to V11/12 would be to upgrade t via the intermediate versions (9 and 10) which a developer/designer can do for you as we have working copies of the various versions. The level of difficulty depends on the customisation and it sounds like your site is highly customised.

The change from XP to Win7 should only affect the folders where the site data is stored and shouldn't affect your ability to upload the site, however there may be issues with the way files have been stored..

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
    X