How can I change which product page is selected on launch of Sellerdeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I change which product page is selected on launch of Sellerdeck

I have had a long term issue with Sellerdeck crashing when certain section pages are selected within the Sellerdeck software, which I have been working around but decided to investigate to find the cause today.
    I did narrow the cause down to one particular layout that appears on certain section pages.
    Everytime I select that section the software crashed and next time I reopen Sellerdeck it opens with the product or section page that I was on prior to the crash which is fine because it is not a page that causes a crash but while trying to narrow down the exact bi of code causing the crash I now have sellerdeck starting up on a section page that instantly causes a crash.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can launch the software and get it to launch on another page (that doesn't cause a crash)

I have swapped the Site Folder over with a previous backed up site folder but still launches on this same page.

Does anyone know where where sellerdeck gets the page name to launch on from, it doesn't appear to be in the Access database as swapping for a previous version doesn't change it, i thought perhaps it is stored in the registery.

Alternatively is there anywhere in the database or elseswhere that I can change the layout for the particular section so when it launches the faulty layout doesn't cause the crash.

Not sure if I have explained it clearly
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

I'd be looking at fixing the faulty layout.

I take it that it is not a standard layout?

Can you give us a few more details about the layout
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

I was attempting to do just last night until 2am.
      I found which layout was causing the problem by process of elimination and narrowed it down to one small layout.

I removed the offending bit of code and that allowed me to go onto one section page that had previously resulted in a crash, but at one point I put the faulty layout back in while trying to isolate the offending bit of code which resulted in a crash.
      When I now start Sellerdeck it launches on the section page that contains the faulty layout and immediately crashes so cannot get access to the code to remove or change the layout.

I spent a couple more hours until 4am trying to copy various files from backups and even whole folders from backups, etc but always launches on the section page with the faulty layout, so assumed perhaps there is something stored in the registry that tells Sellerdeck what page to launch on
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Here is an example of the webpage that causes a crash within Sellerdeck
        http://www.golfteewarehouse.co.uk/ac...cessories.html

The offending bit of code generates the price break details (in a green box) as can be seen in the 'Hand Warmers' product line and seemed to start after I upgraded to Win10 eleven months ago

Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I had previously posted the initial problem here: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...win-10-upgrade
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

If I remove this layout the problem goes away

Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFirstQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e" > <actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMin%22%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e" >+</actinic:block><br/></actinic:block>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsMiddleQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e" > <actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMin%22%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e" >+</actinic:block><br/></actinic:block>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLastQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e" > <Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/>+<br/></actinic:block>
            <strong><actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Including Tax" /></strong>
            </actinic:block>
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Can layouts be changed from within the Access database or from outside of Selledeck in any way
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I have managed to now get back in by copying the Site 1 folder to a fresh install on another PC, deleting the offending code and transferring the site 1 folder back to the original machine.
                If I can't find the cause of the crash I will create a new post in the next day or two
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                X