unable to locate database....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to locate database....

Hi - I had to force a shutdown of our PC whilst Actinic was open. When trying to restart Actinic i get the error message 'unable to locate database for the selected site - the site will remain unchanged' and Actinic itself does not open.

Is it a case of uninstalling and reinstalling Actinic? If so, are there are there any pertinent files I should be keeping to one side first or is it simply a case of 'control panel > uninstall Actinic V8' and then reinstall it and check the mapping?

I know - I make it sound so simple!

Thanks in advance. Ben.

The registery settings may be corrupted, not showing the path to the site.
    The simplest way to fix it would probably be to reinstall.
    Assuming you have single site rather than multisite...
    First backup the complete contents of your Site1 folder, then install the exact same version of Actinic..
    Close Actinic and then copy back the compete contents of the Site1 folder overwriting what was just installed.
    You should now be able to open your site in Actinic.

Comment

There are quite a few previous threads on this and it usually looks like a database problem.

As Duncan says, make a full backup first. A re-install might fix it or you might need to repair the database or go back to one of your backups.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks guys - we have a multi site so I shall back up everything first!

Comment

For some reason my .mdb file for this particular site had disappeared. No idea where it had gone. Luckily i had a back up mdb file so dragged this into the site folder and hey presto - it all opened up and is fine. I love back ups! Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
          X