Error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message

Hi I've had a slight problem and been looking at the best way to get the program to run again after the computer went off in the middle of backing the database up.

Here's the error message when I try to open the program.

"Actinic failed to open the database DSN=ActinicCatalog8.
    The database may be corrupt or the version may be newer than expected.
    This prevents Actinic working.

The error was:

The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object '(unknown)'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.
    Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Please refer to the troubleshooting section in the MU Installation and User guide for possible solutions."

should I uninstall the program and download a new copy? And can I put the old site one file in as I only have the backup from last night and did download some orders today?

Any help or advice will be a big help.

Cheers, Daniel.
    Legion
    www.legionofcomics.co.uk

That error is usually a corrupt database. Make sure you have a backup snapshot, ActinicCatalog.mdb file and Site1 folder. You could try repairing the database. Or you can restore a backup.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for that, I've managed to get last nights version up and running, I did make several copies of the back-up, but didn't do one this morning, I also copied the site 1 files as well, so hopefully will be able to get something back from today, if not, start from the yesterdays copy and so all the work I did today again.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Daniel.
      Legion
      www.legionofcomics.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X