Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of stock

An unusual problem.

We used to sell a particular tea towel years ago. We ran out and took it off the site but in the last 2 weeks we have had 2 (paid for ) orders for it.

They are obviously finding it through Google on a cached page but why does it let them go as far as paying for it?

More importantly can we stop it in any way?
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Old pages should no longer be uploaded by the software. However you could temporarily disable ordering, download orders, FTP in and remove HTML files, enable ordering and then refresh.
    Peblaco

Comment

I can't say for sure why this would have happened. You would think it shouldn't happen but sometimes it does.

As Louise says, removing old files is one way of addressing this.

Personally, I'd upgrade to a newer version. The real time stock control works really well and I think customers won't be able to order anything that is no longer in the database.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Surprised is possible

I am surprised that it is possible to order a product that is no longer in Sellerdeck. We have never had this happen, using Actinic/Sellerdeck since 2004. However, we have sometimes thought it had happened. For example, if an old product, with zero stock, is still in Sellerdeck, and Stock Control/Monitoring has been unchecked in the product details on Sellerdeck, it is possible for the product to be ordered. Very occasionally where this has happened we had thought that we had hidden the product, but had not hidden all incidences.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X