VAT rounding on Invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT rounding on Invoice

Can someone advise what is the best VAT rounding option to choose to avoid VAT rounding problems.
    I have selected VAT inclusive pricing but if using the VAT exclusive invoice option I seem to have some discrepancies as shown in the attached invoice image.
    I am using V9.

The items are sold as £0.75 inc VAT at 20% but the total Excluding VAT total is shown as £1.88 in the main invoice area but as £1.86 in the VAT summary, and 3 x £0.62 = £1.86 not £1.88.

I have tried different rounding options and line, item and order rounding but the same totals are produced (or do the changes only take effect when downloaded)

One option would be to switch to the much nicer and simpler looking VAT inclusive invoice option losing the VAT summary, but I have a combination of retail and business customers, so would have to switch between VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive invoice options when I get trade orders over £250 which HMRC require the full VAT invoice for.

I also have two other questions.

1. Have invoice layouts changed or improved in Sellerdeck 2013 since V9 or basically the same.

2. If I want a hybrid layout somewhere between VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive invoice layout so that both the vat exclusive and VAT inclusive unit price is shown on the same line I would need to pay for a customised report from the likes of Mole End and Norman (I do have Crystal Reports V8.5 but never had time to learn how to use it)
    Attached Files
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

You could perhaps remove the VAT Summary from the invoice, that's a simple thing to do. I don't think you have to have that unless you have different VAT percentages on your goods.

Comment

Thanks Duncan,

All the products I sell are standard rated.

Is that something I can do from within Sellerdeck or is Crystal reports needed for that?
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

You will need to do that in CR. See attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK thanks I will take a look when I get some spare time.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
          X