Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

actinic variable for the "current page" url ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic variable for the "current page" url ?

I wanted to put an image at the top of everypage called "checkout"
    found the neccessary actinc variable called OrderLinkText which correctly links to mywebsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000004.pl?ACTION=Start&REFPAGE=???

when I include that variable in the shopping cart page, it correctly generates the REFPAGE=??? parameter but if I put the same variable in the top of normal content pages, then all it does is generate the link with ?ACTION=Start and doesn't generate anything for the &REFPAGE=

doesn't seem right, but thats what it does.

the REFPAGE is used within the perl scripts to jump back to that page when you click on ContinueShopping.

Have I missed something or is there an actinic variable for current-page

Quite happy then to add the REFPAGE=<actinicVar=currentPage"> to the end of the href link of my "checkout link"

I hoping there is a common variable that works across HomePage, BrochurePages and ContentPages

Standard links generate correct coding. It not only adds REFPAGE but also ACTINIC_REFERRER and encodes file names. If making changes you want to test cart, checkout, accounts, coupons etc.
    Peblaco

Comment

I'll re-test the results that I thought I saw.
      AFAIK, when I put the link into the shopping cart page, it correctly generated the REFPAGE but I did NOT see the ACTINIC_REFERRER
      when I put the same variable in to a standard content page, all it did was generate the ?ACTION=Start, but I'll check.

I've just seen (noticed) that the url parameter is indeed encoded, I'll make that change,
      just annoying that there's no simple "this is the full url of the page you are on"

I'll drop into a bit of PHP, derive the url from section, home, brochures etc and throw out the url.

currently, when I just hard code a url as the REFPAGE parameter, (un-encoded) the script still works as does the cancel, back, next page.

thanks anyway

kev

Comment

Working...
      X