No announcement yet.

hotmail rejecting emails "SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotmail rejecting emails "SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data"

It seems there are changes at hotmail.
    One of my regular customers who has a hotmail.com email account did not receive their order confirmation email nor my confirmation emails from within the Actinic (SellerDeck) v9 client.

I then receive automated "Mail delivery failed" messages from hotmail.

I can reprodude the problem with my own test hotmail account, so it is not the customers specific hotmal account causing the problem. I suspect something has changed at hotmail, maybe to do with the outlook/hotmail/live merger etc.

I can send the same message from the same SMTP server at my web host via webmail or a pop3 client to the same hotmail accounts with no problem. So its not a problem with IP blacklisting etc.

So it seem hotmail suddenly doesn't now like the way the Actinic site's scripts put the email mesage together.

None on my Actnic settings have changed and customers not on hotmail are fine.

I use Actinic 9 beacouse it works fine fro me and did not like the upgrade to 10 or 11 as it screwed up my site layout. Im don't change things if I can help it.

The detailed rejection is:

Envelope-to: eShop@ClearSystems.co.uk
    Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:36:07 +0000
    X-Failed-Recipients: fred_dugwort@hotmail.com
    Auto-Submitted: auto-replied
    To: eShop@ClearSystems.co.uk
    Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

fred_dugwort@hotmail.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.188.126]: 550 5.7.0 (BAY0-MC4-F38) Message could not be delivered. Please ensure the message is RFC 5322 compliant.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
    How can I inspect the Axctinic mail scripts?

The Actinic mail scripts are in the folders on your desktop PC. I can't remember which one offhand but they shouldn't be hard to find.

There are no smtp errors in your actinic error file which suggests that the emails are being transferred to your web hosts smtp server OK and having a problem after that.

It might be a good idea to ask your host to look at the smtp errors in their log. That could give you a better idea what the problem is.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike, thanks, looking at the email trace report I can see on the my hosting cpanel / email info I see:
      Delivery Event Details
      Event: success success
      User: ******** (removed for security)
      Domain: clearsystems.co.uk
      Sender: eshop@clearsystems.co.uk
      Sent Time: Sep 11, 2013 3:17:15 PM
      Sender Host: shcp04.hosting.zen.net.uk
      Sender IP: 82.71.204.28
      Authentication: dovecot_login
      Spam Score:
      Recipient: fred_dugwort@hotmail.com
      Delivery User: -remote-
      Delivery Domain:
      Delivered To: fred_dugwort@hotmail.com
      Router: lookuphost
      Transport: remote_smtp
      Out Time: Sep 11, 2013 3:17:15 PM
      ID: 1VJlEc-0006WA-E1
      Delivery Host: cpanelsmarthost.zen.co.uk
      Delivery IP: 82.71.204.227
      Size: 5.13 KB
      Result: Message accepted
      Incidentally this is not restricted to v9, I've tried it with the eval version of SellerDeck 2013 and got exactly the same problem. So I'll head over to that forum to see if anyone else has a similar problem.

Comment

Nothing is received into any folder in my test hotmail account but I get the rejection email into my ordinary pop3 mail acount.

Comment

I've just posted a repy to your other thread in the 2013 section. It's generally best to stick to the one thread, otherwise it's hard to follow what's happening.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
            I've just posted a repy to your other thread in the 2013 section. It's generally best to stick to the one thread, otherwise it's hard to follow what's happening.

Mike
            Thanks Mike, I poseted it on the SD2013 sub-forum once I'd discoverd that failed as well, and I thought it might get more response being the current version.

I'l keep to that thread from now on.

Comment

Working...
            X