my website needs attention but what ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my website needs attention but what ??

I have long felt that my website is getting a bit jaded. Recenlty what orders do come in often come in twice. I do accept paypal as a payment option does this need updating ??

What steps can I take to improve my website generally ??

Also I put in sale next to several dept headers was this a bad idea I wondered if search engines will pick up eg sale mary jane shoes as opposed ot just mary jane shoes

I use Actinic v 9

I'm afraid my crystal ball isn't working too well today.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
      I'm afraid my crystal ball isn't working too well today.
      sorry my website is www.fantasygirl.co.uk if that helps

Comment

I've had a quick look.

First thing that comes to mind is that you could consider moving to a one product per page design. That way, each product has its own unique url and you don't have massively long pages with loads of products on each one.

Secondly, look at the urls you are using. Quite a few have _.html at the end. Some have underscores between the letters eg F_A_S_T_.html - I'd suggest you change these to conform to Google norms and put in .htaccess redirects to the new urls.

Overall, the site needs a thorough overhaul. To get sales coming in, you probably need to be prepared to spend a decent chunk of money on a modern design with quality images and a better menu.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Overall, the site needs a thorough overhaul. To get sales coming in, you probably need to be prepared to spend a decent chunk of money on a modern design with quality images and a better menu.[/QUOTE]

how much do you reckon it would cost to do that

Comment

[QUOTE=guccij;342285]I've had a quick look.

First thing that comes to mind is that you could consider moving to a one product per page design. That way, each product has its own unique url and you don't have massively long pages with loads of products on each one.

If there was one product per page wouldn't this result in a really long list on the homepaage ??

Is thee a good example I could look at

Comment

Er, no. Why would that change the home page? You divide your products into sections, same as you do now. Your home page stays the same, or rather not, as your home page is desperate for some images, but that's something else.

As for an example, have a look at my main site. This page is a good indicator of the one product per page layout http://www.snorestore.co.uk/acatalog...ple-packs.html

I take no credit. This site was designed by Lee Hackett

Comment

As far as cost is concerned, you're looking at between £1k for a basic workable site to £3k+ for something special.

Comment

Hi Susan,

I think my first response would be a redesign, and move to a newer version in the process.

My other concern not knowing anything about your business area would be the size of your target audience which I presume is a very small niche. Could this be the reason for lack of sales?
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
                    Hi Susan,

I think my first response would be a redesign, and move to a newer version in the process.

My other concern not knowing anything about your business area would be the size of your target audience which I presume is a very small niche. Could this be the reason for lack of sales?
                    thanks your probably right on all scores. It is a niche audience my first choice for design was Peblaco but she was doubtful due to Actinic view on adult content I will try Steve Hackett woh did Snoreshop website

Comment

There are several Actinic / SellerDeck sites selling legal adult material in a responsible way.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                        There are several Actinic / SellerDeck sites selling legal adult material in a responsible way.
                        we are legimate and legal we cater for the trans community unfortunatleythings like silicone breasts and sysnetic vaginas are what some feel they need o be mopre feminine

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post

I was hoping to have a new actinic designer but I get quite a few one or two time e mails then hear nothing after. Would it be posssible for me to update the site myslef by updating to the latest sellerdeck version ??

Comment

Working...
                          X