X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload Failure

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help.

We have a legacy site that is using actinic v9 to make changes and upload them to a linux/cpanel environment.

Until a week ago, everything worked flawlessly but now it throws up errors on upload every time and is causing havoc with perl scripts failing. We cannot locate the cause of this problem as, on the surface it looks like a permissions issue but our hosting provider tells us that everything is as it should be on the server.

We have performed the following troubleshooting:

- tested on multiple OS's (XP, W7, Server 2008)
    - Uninstalled IE 11 on the W7 machines
    - Rolled back to a previously, know working version of the site
    - Created a subdomain of a different site on the server and uploaded to that. Worked fine once then errored again
    - Deleted the domain and FTP user, recreated and tried again
    - Reinstalled software

So, as you can see, we have tried most obvious things. The settings in the network settings have not changed, so we are at our wits end trying to work this out. Any help would be appreciated (please see attachments for errors and settings)

Try the "Test" button on the Advanced Network Setup page and report what results.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. On test we get the following errors:

the server name or address could not be resolved

Followed by:

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check:
      - the 'Path to the Perl shell'
      - the 'CGI script extension'
      - the 'Path to CGI-BIN'
      - the 'CGI-BIN URL'
      - the amount of web space left on your server
      - if your server is configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts
      - the permissions on the server:
      On Linux/Unix based servers the permissions should be:
      cgi-bin (755)– drwxr-xr-x
      Online Store Folder (777)– drwxrwxrwx
      On Windows based servers (need to be checked with the hosting company):
      IIS
      cgi-bin = read/execute
      Online Store Folder = read/write/execute
      NTFS
      cgi-bin = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory
      Online Store Folder = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory AND the IUSR_<servername> account needs to have 'Change' permissions on the directory

The weird thing is that the FTP connection to the server is fine. I have connected via filezilla using the same credentials and been able to update folders. All folders are set to 0755.

thanks!

Comment

the server name or address could not be resolved
        Since you're hiding your domain name, no-one else can check that it's still there or not.

Comment

I am using the IP address of the server, same as filezilla.

Comment

Check which version of Internet Explorer you have installed. The version 11 upgrade seems to be incompatable with current sellerdeck settings. If so, rollback to V10, and compact your sellerdeck for good measure, then try again.
            I wasted a couple of hours on that very problem yesterday before we found IE as the cuplrit.

Comment

I am using the IP address of the server, same as filezilla.
              Your third screen-shot shows several http://www.[OBSCURED] - these are not IP addresses.

Comment

My money's on the IE11 problem as well. I know the OP says they uninstalled IE11 but it's not clear if that was using the sellerdeck recommended instructions.

It just seems like too much of a coincidence for this problem to happen at the same time as the IE 11 updates for it to be something else.

It still, could be. Just seems odd...

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I thought it would be the IE 11 problem too but we have tried it on Windows XP which was running IE 8 and Server 2008r2 which was running IE 10.

This was on a file that was saved on a platform with IE 11 on though..

Comment

You emailed me your sites URL and it resolves properly from here. Perl scripts are working too.

Comment

Yeah, something that I forgot to mention, that is a site restored from backup from before the problems started, directly copied onto the server without using actinic.

Its working fine for now but if you try to publish changes to it, they stop working and the site renders as plain text with broken picture links.

So, yes, if I dump the backup onto the server, its fine. If I try to publish changes from within the software, it throws up those errors and kills the site.

Comment

The IE11 problem generates a lot of different upload errors, not just the ones mentioned in the KB, the problem is that IE11 installs files that are also used by Sellerdeck code (and others) hence the need for the new updates to Sellerdeck to remove the reliance on the faulty Windows code that is producing this problem. Given that your site has seen an IE11 infected machine I would suggest sorting that machine out and then uploading the site from that machine before moving it to other machines. This same code exists on Win 8.1 so any Win8.1 machine will also cause the upload problem with previous versions of Actinic/Sellerdeck.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                        Custom Packages

Comment

Hi,

Will give that a go, thanks for the advice.

Comment

Upload problem

We are having an identical problem with Actinic 9. Only change in last few days has been a Windows update from 8 to 8.1 will read through this thread to see if we too can resolve. Have done a test in network settings and everything is fine - error comes up saying it is a permissions issue or low disk space. Disk space is fine and permissions are fine.
                            Nightmare.

Comment

Windows update from 8 to 8.1
                              You probably got IE11 at the same time. If so, that's your problem, so check for the IE11 fixes as posted elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X