Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Uploading and with Shopping Cart

Hello

I really hope you can help with a problem I'm experiencing on Actinic v9.

The first error we had is attached: Error 121213 - error boxClick image for larger version

Name:	Error 121213 - error box.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	547741

Then we received a second error relating to space and permissions, which stopped us being able to publish to web and caused the first purge and refresh to stop partway through. As a result the purge has not completed and our shopping basket is not working (we just get ‘oops, link not working’), which is obviously a big concern for us. I fixed this by uninstalling IE 11 update, which apparently has been causing problems with Sellerdeck/Actinic. This enabled us to go back to the original problem but did not fix it, as has been suggested in other posts.

Then we ran Website Purge and Refresh to fix the first error and received the error below (and the first error as well). I have checked the permissions and the amount of space on the server and both are fine.

Actinic received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. The error could be caused by several things. Check:
    - the 'Path to the Perl shell'
    - the 'CGI script extension'
    - the 'Path to CGI-BIN'
    - the 'CGI-BIN URL.
    - the amount of web space left on your server
    - if your server is configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts
    - the permissions on the server:

On Linux/Unix based servers the permissions should be:
    cgi-bin (755) – drwxr-xr-x
    Online Store Folder (777) – drwxrwxrwx
    On Windows based servers (need to be checked with the hosting company):
    IIS
    cgi-bin = read/execute
    Online Store Folder = read/write/execute
    NTFS
    cgi-bin = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory
    Online Store Folder = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory AND the IUSR_<servername> account needs to have 'Change' permissions on the directory

Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

I have also attached the Network Setup info.Export Network Setup 121213-2 Actinic Passwords removed.txt

I would really appreciate any help and advice you can give please, as I just don’t know what to do from here.

Who is your host?
    Did this suddenly happen without you making any changes?

Comment

See here and here.
      Peblaco

Comment

Duncan - Host is LCN. We made a small alteration to the content, clicked 'Publish to Web' and then just as it got to the end up popped the message. Thanks.

Peblaco - That's useful to know. I have checked to make sure it is fully uninstalled and it seems to be. Thanks. One chap mentioned waiting 24 hours, although I'm not sure why that would make a difference, but I'll probably still be battling at that point so I'll see. Thanks.

Comment

Exactly the same issue has floored us

Same issue - no resolution.

We're using V11

An initial content change generates an error that asks us to Website Purge and Refresh

That stalls halfway through

Then we start getting exactly the same error messages as above

All usual housekeeping checks (compact db etc) are fine. Host ftp and cgi-bin permissions etc are checked and fine

Complete nightmare

Jim
          www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Jim: Check that your PC has not automatically updated to Internet Explorer 11 (run Internet Explorer and do Help / About...). If so, that's most likely your problem. See the links in post #3 above for details and a resolution.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X