Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 Sync server issues on upgrade to Win7

Hello,

Having a last ditch attempt to see if anyone has an idea as to why I can't get Actinic to work. The company has recently upgraded the shop computers to 3 new Win7 Home Premium machines after running on a XP based system. We use Actinic V9.0.5 Business Plus, with one computer acting as an admin PC holding the site and the sync server, and then 2 others that are used to process orders.

Now I've been trying to get Actinic up and running across these 3 machines but there seems to be a problem with the sync server, in that none of the Catalog.exe programs can seem to communicate with it, even the one on the admin PC. On the admin PC, I can get our site working in standalone mode after a reinstall but sharing mode gives the "Communication with the synchronisation server has failed. You must restart actinic", and I can get the default site working after reinstall in sharing mode until I try to add new users, at which point I get the "Communication...." message.

I've tried everything I can find on these message boards (sync server is running, firewall and ports opened, UAC disabled, sharing and permissions all set up, IP/PC name change in the database, etc) with regards to sync server problems, I'm lost as to why it isn't working.

Possibly a long shot but I wondered if anyone has an clue as to what is going wrong here.

Cheers!

Is the sync program actually running

check Control panel, administration tools, services, actinc sync server
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

This may be unrelated with your Sync problem but you need to be aware of it.

If your W7 systems have updated themselves to Internet Explorer 11, you will have problems uploading the site. Gory details at http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54742
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X