No announcement yet.

Fetchify Widget from Sellerdeck Widgets Extension v2.1.3 for Desktop v18.2.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fetchify Widget from Sellerdeck Widgets Extension v2.1.3 for Desktop v18.2.3

I was a fan of the address lookup facility before the Swift template broke it and changed to Loqate, which never looked right, so I stopped using it.
    Are there any working examples of the Fetchify address auto-complete widget that can be viewed before spending time on it?

I see there are no takers for the new Fetchify Widget.

I installed the widgets last night and couldn't find the Fetchify widget, so I decided to look in the old Address Lookup in Settings > Business Settings > Address Lookup and there it was.

I'm glad that location was used for the setup.

I clicked the link to register for an account and was surprised to see a two-week FREE trial with 100 lookups.

Once I registered the account, I was presented with a trial key, which I then copied into the API Access Token Prompt and selected all the available options for testing.

I uploaded the shop and tested a purchase.

I noticed it created a flashing first-point prompt to a "Quick Address Finder" prompt to enter your postcode.

This was ahead of the upper prompts for filling in your full name, which isn't a massive problem as you can go back up to it, but it does seem to crop the flow.

The address drop-down was quick and accurate on my desktop, and I tried it on my mobile, which worked well without any layout shift.

I tried a few errors on the email domain, which picked up the difference between trophy and torphy.

I tried a few errors in the telephone numbers, too, which seemed to pick up the errors quickly and suggest, "Are you sure it's right?" with a button "Yes" to accept.

I will try it for two weeks to see how it performs. It looks much better than the Loqate, and its ability to check email domains and mobile numbers improves the accuracy of the order.

If you want to look at the site I've set it up on, it's my Football Trophies site at footballtrophy.co.uk

Comment

Really interesting, I love your website, one thing that you probably already know...in checkout I believe the box for engraving text throws the mobile view outside the frame, on my S22.
      https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the engraving text box. I have noticed but have not done anything about it, but I should. In the pursuit of perfection, I will look into it.
        It seems the cart isn't mobile friendly
        <div class="item offset-2 text-left"> </div> from bootstrap.min.css .offset-2 {margin-left: 16.666667%}

Comment

The cart mobile view seems to be going out of the container due to the lack of updating the style layouts.

I revisited the Gordon Camley post about the Swift update. I couldn't figure out how to make the layout changes, but I eventually found them.

Operations Tab (at the top) > Extensions (at the bottom of the menu) > Swift

I found this duplicated the Dynamic Price Layout, so I had two sets of code in the Customisable Product Layout, so I commented it out first to check it before removing it.

The price font size and weight looked like normal text on the desktop program but rendered ok on the website.

Comment

An update on the Fetchify trial, which is part of the ClearCourse group that made the ClearAccept facility.
            I have 83 credits left, with 17 used since March 16th, so it's not credit-intensive.
            There seems to be plenty of articles and support, which I am still going through at https://help.fetchify.com/en/
            You get helpful statistics on using each credit, and you can use them across multiple domains.

The annual credit packs look like good value
            £39.00 for 600 lookups Valid for a year or
            £195.00 3,600 lookups Valid for a year

If you have lots of orders, then a monthly pack rate of
            £24.00 300 lookups Valid for one month or
            £50.00 1,000 lookups Valid for one month

Comment

Working...
            X