This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
    The site looks good Ed. Especially on mobile.

So what are the plans for making the Swift Template available? I think I saw that it's available to people with Cover but I no longer have that so are there any plans for making it more widely available?
    Hi Mike,

The template is currently only available to customers with a Cover or Desktop 365 Plus contract. There is currently no plan to release the template outside of those contracts; however, once you have a copy of the template you are entitled to use it indefinitely and do not need an active contract to continue using the template. Updates will likely only be available to customers with a contract.

Thanks
    Josh
    Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Thanks Josh, that's what I thought.

I assume the swift template is available to Sellerdeck developers so if I contracted a design to one of them they'd be able to use it in their designs.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Josh, that's what I thought.

I assume the swift template is available to Sellerdeck developers so if I contracted a design to one of them they'd be able to use it in their designs.
        Hi Mike,

We've provided the template to developers, however, each domain associated with commercial use of the template needs a contract. Therefore, you must have a contract regardless if you go through a Sellerdeck Partner.

Thanks.
        Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

There is one issue viewi cart does not show shipping and calculates wrong, causing lots of moans.
          further in the checkout it works or returning customers it's ok.

We only use simple fixed shipping, this was also a problem years ago but Norman kindly made a fix back then for us

EDIT, I found Norman's code from years ago and it worked! Fixed!

I have reported the issue to SD
          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

We've provided the template to developers, however, each domain associated with commercial use of the template needs a contract. Therefore, you must have a contract regardless if you go through a Sellerdeck Partner.
            That kind of seems a bit bonkers to me. So if a sellerdeck developer / partner wants to use it in a design for a customer they can't unless the customer signs up for a cover contract? I can't imagine they're going to like that.

Comment

So if a sellerdeck developer / partner wants to use it in a design for a customer they can't unless the customer signs up for a cover contract? I can't imagine they're going to like that.
              You're correct
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post

Hi Mike,

The template is currently only available to customers with a Cover or Desktop 365 Plus contract. There is currently no plan to release the template outside of those contracts; however, once you have a copy of the template you are entitled to use it indefinitely and do not need an active contract to continue using the template. Updates will likely only be available to customers with a contract.

Thanks
                Josh
                Hi Josh,

Finally Sellerdeck has released something in the game of catchup with other software, and then doesn't allow its users to have it.

I have no problem with the idea of cover, and had cover for a long time. I cancelled due to the price hike, lack of promised yearly updates and poor service when I needed help which meant value for money was extremely poor.

We have been considering other software of late, and then this design was a possible game changer. But you are now forcing people to have a service they do not need, or require just to do a bog standard and expected task which is considered standard in other software.

I do hope you change your mind on this and think of your loyal customers who have been with you for a long time.

I am happy to purchase the next version of the software If I have this template, and future updates as standard, otherwise it is another nail in the coffin.

I may not have cover, but i do have 3 sellerdeck payments accounts with you that I do pay a lot of money a year.
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Sadly the fix kindly provided by Norman 4 years ago doesn't quite fix the shipping not appearing in the cart for new customers issue, it spaces differently in swift with col code with column numbers instead of align right ect
                  I have raised a ticket but when I previously raised this issue in v16 sellerdeck said it would be fixed in a future release!!!
                  lots of moans from customers seeing incorrect totals in the cart.

Comment

Ed, I have to admit I got confused by your cart when I looked at your site but that was because your cart is showing everything ex.vat so it takes quite a bit of mental juggling and arithmetic to make sense of things. I assumed this was deliberate (the ex vat thing) is this the case?

Comment

Not deliberate mike, is there a way to show inc?

Comment

Hi Ed, It's many years since I looked at this but I think the only solution at that time was to enter product and shipping prices including VAT (Sellerdeck will still break down the VAT element on the order, receipt and invoice but the main prices in the cart etc display inc. VAT). This is what I do on my site. It may be that Sellerdeck has got more accommodating since then but I couldn't say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                          is there a way to show inc?
                          In Business Settings/Tax, we have "Product Prices Entered" ticked for "Inclusive of Tax". And in Shipping, in the Zone/Class tables tab, "Shipping Costs include Tax".

Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thank you do invoices still print with the VAT breakdown?

Comment

It seems I cant do this as I use simple shipping which does not have the include taxes option so I'm stuck with a confusing breakdown in the cart and checkout

Comment

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post
                                I particularly like the way the bar with the hamburger menu, view cart button etc. stays put on mobile screens while the rest of the screen scrolls. Pity it doesn't seem to do exactly the same on full screens - only the mega menu bar is fixed, and the search box and view cart button scroll away. I'd like at least the view cart button to remain in view.
                                A couple of observations and a question for Sellerdeck,

1. The fixed menu bar does not appear to have been implemented on any of the sample site links when viewed on the desktop so it appears that the Swift template has not been fully integrated on these sites, however, I do see it working well for Harrison Telescopes,

2. Sellerdeck email campaign Swift Template link incorporates a 3 bar hamburger menu link in the top right corner of the page that does not appear in the Swift Template or on any of the sample sites. This could be used to link various T&Cs extracts including About Us, Privacy Policy, Delivery & Returns etc. that could then be removed from sidebar menu links so are there any plans to introduce this feature in the Swift Template?

Martin Nichols
                                Mantra Audio
                                Martin
                                Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
                                X