Swift Internet Explorer 11 Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swift Internet Explorer 11 Compatibility

I have also found it doesn’t work as well in Internet Explorer which accounts for 12% of my traffic.
    (Quote from Buzby in a different thread)

The Swift template does indeed seem to have compatibility issues with IE11, most noticeably erratic column counts on section pages. Products are supposed to display in 4 columns, but in IE11 each row can have 1, 2 or 3 columns, apparently on a random basis.

For example, this page on Sellerdeck's own demonstration site shows, instead of a row of 4 products, one row with 3 and one with 1: https://swift.sellerdeck.co.uk/acatalog/Rings.html.

The issue is more pronounced with a larger number of products, as on this page on my test site: https://www.tortoys.co.uk/acatalog/t...and-Buses.html. As you scroll down, some rows have 3 products, some 2, and some 1.

Both of these pages display correctly with 4 columns per row in Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

I'll raise this issue with Sellerdeck, although I suspect I'll be told that it's not a problem because IE11 is obsolete. However, a significant number of customers still use it and as far as I can see Microsoft are continuing support for IE11 on Windows 10 until October 2025.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Thanks for posting John, I can see the issue. I agree that IE is still important - it's hard to believe that people still use it, but they do.

I have raised a ticket, ref MS_SMDEV-3725. The fix should be fairly straightforward IWHT, in which case I will post it here. I will get the fix applied in the first maintenance release of Swift.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce, much appreciated.
      John Ennals
      www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Bruce - do you have an ETA for the first maintenance release of Swift?
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
        X