No announcement yet.

Out of stock on the site but in Google shopping and search it remains in stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of stock on the site but in Google shopping and search it remains in stock

Has anyone experienced (is experiencing) the following?

In v18 customer could tick the stock box on product level and it goes out of stock, out of stock in Google results and importantly out of stock in Google shopping.

In Swift – it goes out of stock on the site when the box is ticked – unless he refunds one then it puts it back!

And in Google shopping and Google search it remains in stock regardless!

Thank you...
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

In Swift – it goes out of stock on the site when the box is ticked – unless he refunds one then it puts it back!
    This would be normal. The tick box is turning on stock control so cancelling an item and refunding it would put it back in stock.

The rest of it sounds odd but I don't have swift so can't look into it.

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

In Swift – it goes out of stock on the site when the box is ticked – unless he refunds one then it puts it back
      What Mike said. If stock is zero and you cancel one in an order, it goes back into stock. Maybe the customer only just noticed, but stock control has always worked that way.

There's no change to either the schema markup or the Google Shopping feed in Swift, so I can't account for the other differences reported. I suspect the same may apply, but I wouldn't want to assume that.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Apparently it was a settings issue, client previously switched off stock control an did everything manually - maybe Swift switched it back to enable Stock control???
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer
        SellerDeck Website Designer
        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Its Me! To clarify see attached which works perfectly manually at product level in v18, tick stock control in a product and the add to cart is replaced by out of stock and untick shows add to cart and in stock message, do the same in swift removes the add to cart AND the message

I have now tried xml for Google shopping and will check that as I was using codepaths export, sadly the xml in swift does not include shipping so Google says no, annoying the xml thats exported by swift can't see the simple fixed rate shipping setup in swift!
          EDIT Fixed by removing shipping code from the XML layout and setting a universal shipping within merchant centre

Google search results are showing price and availability but availability is now always in stock regardless of waiting for a recrawl, in 18 it showed availability correctly. This will be connected to the stock issues i guess in meta tags it can't be triggering the availability snippet correctly

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	373.4 KB ID:	552457
          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Working...
          X