Force purchase of a particular product before checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force purchase of a particular product before checkout

Not confined to Swift but nowhere else to put it!

The products are hamper type contents.

Having assembled your contents one by one into the cart the final product needs to be the hamper itself, with choices as per hamper style, padding, ribbon, gift card for example, some free, some at additional cost.

These can be done within the 'Hamper' product, but how do I send the customer to buy the 'Hamper', even including the free options, before being able to checkout with the hamper contents?

I could tell them but often the public don't always take my advice/instruction (!)

Thank you!
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

I was going to say that the only thing I can think of would be to implement the minicart code and then put a bit of javascript in there that looks for the word 'Hamper' in the minicart and won't let you check out unless it's there.

But I seem to remember Norman might have posted some code in the past that looked at the cart contents and can imagine you could use this to do the same thing and hide the checkout button from the cart if there isn't a hamper there.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, that is what I was thinking towards, there was something at the partner day that Hugh did too...
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer
      SellerDeck Website Designer
      Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
      Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X