Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product page discount list

​​Hi all

I am getting a discount list showing in the majority of my product pages - can anyone help me work out how i turn this off or how the list is controlled?

See example page on test site https://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalo...AL.html#SID=61

I do want to to show applicable discounts, and they do show up when i create one, but the 3 or 4 list items below also shows.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	sellerdeck_discount_list.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	552588

Hi, to remove the appearance of the Ultramap duplications you have to remove the customer groups you have set up in Marketing > Discounts Surcharges and Coupon Settings.

Comment

Hi Seorch, many thanks for that, that's very helpful.

Comment

I have had a look at my setup, and although nothing has changed from the way we handle product groups and discounts in our existing site, it does seem that perhaps the other product groups (which relate to other products) are forcing a list entry to occur on the majority of our product pages.

Looking at the screenshots, the product belongs to the product group "Harvey maps and gifts", and has a discount associated to that group - which as it is active triggers the green box showing the discount information. Which is what we want to happen.

The four 'Superwalker maps' list entries underneath should not be there - so what is generating them? there are 4 other product groups, each of them with an active discount, so is it somehow creating a list of active discounts for the site and not removing the irrelevant list entries on each product page?

We have only one customer group - the default one, Retail.

The Harvey maps and gifts group covers the majority of our products in our store so ideally it would be good to be able to continue with this method.

Thanks

Name:	product_discount_group_2.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	552605

Name:	customer_groups.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	552606

Comment

I don't have access to swift but if you look at the layout that's producing the discount list there should be a blockif that's controlling whether it gets displayed or not and if you look at the blockif you should be able to see which variable is controlling it. Then it's just a matter of finding out where Sellerdeck let you turn it on and off.
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks very much for replying. I'll have a go at finding what you suggest. I assumed it must be something to do with the blockifs but my knowledge of these has remained pretty thin even after several years of trying! Thanks again

Comment

The odd thing is that I've looked through V18 and I can't seen any settings that might control the display of a discount list on a product page. Not at the top level or product level. There doesn't appear to be any variables or conditions I could find either.

This is something Sellerdeck are going to need to keep an eye on as they move more towards the 'add-on' approach for features. They can't really expect people to have to go and create their own blockifs and variables to control them. Maybe they'll need to do product releases just to add the new variables and settings.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Once i'm a little further on with the design I'll perhaps flag it to the support team and see if they can sort it. That way, if it is a bug or glitch, a workaround can be supplied to everyone.

As much as I would like to write my own blockifs etc (and I am quite prepared to have a go) it would certainly be better for me if it was done properly by someone who knows fully what they are doing.

If I get a workaround, i'll post it here for all to see. Thanks Mike

Comment

I have had a look at using the overall discounts on my football trophy website and have commented out the section name that appears in the standard discount layout.
                  I then clicked on the blockif for DiscountInfo as this should be showing which it seem to perform the operation once I came back out of it again and show the discount info that is in the presentation tab > description of product.

Name:	discounts-notworking.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	552980

Comment

Working...
                  X