Mobile Usability Issues since going live with Swift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Usability Issues since going live with Swift

We went live with our swift design at the weekend, and since then have been getting mobile usability issues from Google.

The page I have used with the images below is this one https://www.titanjewellery.co.uk/Men...ng-TURM34.html

I'm not sure if this is a Swift Issue, Google Issue, or something to do with Cloudflare. Although I have tested with Cloudflare turned off and still receive the same issue.

In Google Search Console I get this error

Click image for larger version  Name:	TURM34-1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	553657

When I do the live test, I get this

Click image for larger version  Name:	Turm34-2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	553658

When I view the screenshot I get this (missing images and CSS)

Click image for larger version  Name:	TURM34-3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	553659

However, if I leave Google Search Console, and go direct to the Google Mobile Usability tool I get this

Google Mobile Friendly Test

Click image for larger version  Name:	TURM34-4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	35.2 KB ID:	553660

And on Bing Mobile Friendliness test I get this

Click image for larger version  Name:	TURM34-5.JPG Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	553661

So overall there doesn’t seem to be much of an issue, however the Google Search Console having so many issues for the site not being mobile friendly is surely going to cause issues with Google listings.

Any ideas or advice on how I can resolve?
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

I took a quick peak on my iPhone 11 and the site was ok. Main parts came up reasonably but top image slider was delayed and so were section images. Could that be an image size/format thing?

I have more work myself on these.

Phil
    Phil Howell
    Director
    Intuition Un Ltd
    www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
    Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
    www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
    www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
    www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Hi, Did you ever find the issue, I have exactly the same problem with mine (on my www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk site), very frustrating.
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
      www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
        We went live with our swift design at the weekend, and since then have been getting mobile usability issues from Google.

The page I have used with the images below is this one https://www.titanjewellery.co.uk/Men...ng-TURM34.html

I'm not sure if this is a Swift Issue, Google Issue, or something to do with Cloudflare. Although I have tested with Cloudflare turned off and still receive the same issue.

In Google Search Console I get this error

Click image for larger version Name:	TURM34-1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	553657

When I do the live test, I get this

Click image for larger version Name:	Turm34-2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	553658

When I view the screenshot I get this (missing images and CSS)

Click image for larger version Name:	TURM34-3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	553659

However, if I leave Google Search Console, and go direct to the Google Mobile Usability tool I get this

Google Mobile Friendly Test

Click image for larger version Name:	TURM34-4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	35.2 KB ID:	553660

And on Bing Mobile Friendliness test I get this

Click image for larger version Name:	TURM34-5.JPG Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	553661

So overall there doesn’t seem to be much of an issue, however the Google Search Console having so many issues for the site not being mobile friendly is surely going to cause issues with Google listings.

Any ideas or advice on how I can resolve?
        I get the same error on my Swift site. Working through as many problems as I can and have not got my teeth into this one.
        Phil Howell
        Director
        Intuition Un Ltd

Also
        Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs

Comment

So I've been playing with this for a few days, I combined the bootstrap.css, webslidemenu.css and actinic.css to one file (Only works properly in this order: webslidemenu, followed by bootstrap and then the rest of the actinic.css).

Then tested and still failed, but the fail screenshot and errors still pointed to the stylesheet failing to load, so I added after:

Code:
          <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />
          This preload:

Code:
          <link rel="preload" href="actinic.css" as="style">
          So my 'UXHeaderCode Swift' code now looks like:

Code:
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
          <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
          <actinic:variable name="MetaTags" />
          <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />
          <link rel="preload" href="actinic.css" as="style">
          <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
          <script src="jquery-3.3.1.min.js"></script>
          Tested this morning and it passes the 3 urls I tried (didn't try any more, will now leave it a few days and see if the fail rate drops).

I don't know if this will solve the problem but will report back in a week to update.

Also not sure what page speed affect this preload may have, but for now if it fixes the site I'm happy.

EDIT: To save combining the 3 stylesheets I guess you could just add them all as preload.
          Many Thanks
          Lee
          www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MDN View Post
            Hi, Did you ever find the issue, I have exactly the same problem with mine (on my www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk site), very frustrating.
            I never revisited this and just assumed it was glitches within Google as it seems to work ok.
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I have had several of these and there never seems to be an actual problem so I routinely ignore them now. I had it on my previous resoponsive framework too (Skeleton)!
              Jonathan Chappell
              Website Designer
              SellerDeck Website Designer
              Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
              Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Hi all,

I sent off a request to revalidate/test the issue to Google. I got an email through from Google saying the mobility issues were now fixed. Can you confirm if yours are the same or are they still present?

Please advise?

Cheers

Phil
                Phil Howell
                Director
                Intuition Un Ltd

Also

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                  Hi all,

I sent off a request to revalidate/test the issue to Google. I got an email through from Google saying the mobility issues were now fixed. Can you confirm if yours are the same or are they still present?

Please advise?

Cheers

Phil
                  Mine is now passing all the mobile tests after I put the css in a preload tag.
                  Many Thanks
                  Lee
                  www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X