suppressing php errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suppressing php errors

The problem is a php error below the price and bove the stock prod ref line - see image.

No one can work out where it is coming from. I suspect therefor that it is spurious.

I have tried suppressing php errors using htaccess but although the files work ok on my hosting on Sellerdeck hosting they generate a 500 script error.

Can I put this right at the top of the outer layout, after <html> or after <body> ? :

[code]<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>
    error_reporting(0);
    </actinic:block>
    [code]

Do you think this would do the trick - the web page is a bit unsightly at present:

https://www.ajs-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...3-3370105.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	insetto.png
Views:	223
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	553925
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

I suspect the most likely cause is a genuine problem with the php but this is only because I'm always making them so your own experience might differ.

If you can post up the php then between us we ought to be able to work out what the problem is.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

That is the problem Mike, it is completely unclear which bit of php is causing the issue. If you view source on the page it is hard to see which layout might be generating it. Also although he gets the errors on his Selerdeck hosting, when I upload the same site on my Krystal hosting I do not get the errors at all. It might even be php version or something? Otherwise the php code is standard Swift Costomised product layout. There is no fancy stuff of mine! I put the live URL above - have a look!
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

Running info.php on my site and his site, the Sellerdeck hosting is PHP Version 5.4.16 wilst mine is PHP Version 7.4.16
        I suspect that changing the PHP version of his hosting account to 7.4 might solve the problem?
        Does anyone know if Sellerdeck allows this?

Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer

Comment

Do you see the error on your desktop in Preview? If so the error is from SellerDeck's layout code and is nothing to do with PHP on your server.

P.S. While checking this I found some bugs in SD's implementation of my old RRP contribution. Fix is in Bug Reports now.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Several variables within the php block including the 'Block php if' did not have
            Code:
            encoding="perl" selectable="false"
            so I added to all and the error went.
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

I also noticed these missing qualifiers on the RRP code but they don't cause any errors here.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The other thought was that the “Attributes in Push Button Grid” should be set to default Use Parent (0) but actually it is set to “0”

To set Use Parent (0) throughout the site:
                Go to design library, variables, attribute:
                NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid
                Change initial value from 0 to (use parent) untick the product box and save and close. Reopen, tick the product box, save and close.

This did clear the php error but SD flagged a red box error for the RRP expression in the dynamic price layout which is why I edited the variables which cleared the red box.
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer

Comment

Working...
                X