Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create an Account if the Customer Chooses Checkbox set to hide is the wrong way round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create an Account if the Customer Chooses Checkbox set to hide is the wrong way round

Hi All, In the Swift template if you have 'Create an Account Only if the Customer Chooses to' selected in Business Settings in the checkout the customer can tick the box that by default is unchecked to enter a password, this works best for me as the customer doesn't have to uncheck a box, however today a customer told me that when he ticked the box, the fields to enter the password disappeared, I looked and have checked other Sellerdeck Swift sites and this is the case with them all. This is the wrong way round, the passwords fields should be hidden with the box unchecked and only shown when the customer checks the box.

Has anyone got a way of correcting this please so that unchecked the fields are hidden, and checked the fields are visible. I have disabled it for now to avoid any further customer confusion.

Many thanks, Lee
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Try this:

In Design / Library / Layouts / Checkout Prompt / Password for New Customer Account RWD, replace line:
    Code:
    	<div id="createCredentials">
    With:
    Code:
    	<div id="createCredentials"<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CustomerAccountsCreationPolicy%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%202"> style="display:none;"</actinic:block>>
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Perfect! thank you Norman.
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Here is a more complete solution.

First, undo the changes in post #2 above.

Then in Design / Library / Layouts / Checkout Prompt / Create an Account RWD, replace all code with:
        Code:
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CustomerAccountsCreationPolicy%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201" >
        	<input type="hidden" name="CREATEANACCOUNT" value="CREATEANACCOUNT" />
        </actinic:block>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CustomerAccountsCreationPolicy%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%203%20%7c%7c%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CustomerAccountsCreationPolicy%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%202" >
        	<div class="customerTickBox position-relative">
        		<input type="checkbox" id="idCREATEANACCOUNT" name="CREATEANACCOUNT" value="CREATEANACCOUNT" <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CustomerAccountsCreationPolicy%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%203" >Checked</actinic:block> tabindex="NETQUOTEVAR:TABINDEXINVOICECREATEANACCOUNT" style="border: 0; background: <actinic:variable name="CheckoutBG" />;" />
        		<label for="idCREATEANACCOUNT" ><actinic:variable name="CheckoutCreateAnAccountCaption" /></label>
        	</div>
        </actinic:block>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        	function showhidecreds(speed){
        		var creds = $( "#createCredentials" );
        		$( "#idCREATEANACCOUNT" ).is(':checked') ?  creds.show(speed) : creds.hide(speed);
        	}
        	$(document).ready(function() {
        		showhidecreds(0);
        		$( "#idCREATEANACCOUNT" ).click(function() {showhidecreds(200)});
        	});
        </script>
        This also gives a nice smooth animation to the hiding / showing of the credentials.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I had this Jason, support fixed it, but no idea what they did. So I guess they know.
          www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Norman, superb!
            Many Thanks
            Lee
            www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X